chapter 16: losing everything

EZRAS POV:
I was confused why she ran out of here like she did. I was even more confused about why Nicole came back. do I try and make this work again? that's the right thing to do. I sat in my office for a few hours thinking about what would be best for me. I convinced myself it was real. I called Nicole. she came. "look, we can try this again. I honestly don't know where we will go from here. maybe we will get somewhere further." "Ezra I love you." I saw aria across the street on a town bench sitting staring. Nicole hugged me. "I love you too." I said. about its like I wasn't talking to Nicole. it was like I was saying that words to aria that's who I meant them for anyways. "we need to take this slow." "okay we will but I need to get back to work." she said as she walked out. I stared out the window and watched Nicole drive off. I walked over to aria. "you okay?" she was staring down the street. she was distracted. she finally turned her head slowly. "yeah I'm fine, look I wanted to tell you something and I planned on telling you but then I saw you with Nicole and yeah so I'm going to not say anything." "yeah aria about me and Nicole... we're going to give it another try. unless you can give me a reason not too?" "Ezra you wouldn't be you if you didn't give it another try. I think this will be good for you." I sat there waiting and hoping she'd give me that reason. "yeah yeah maybe this will." she reached for my hand and held it.

ARIAS POV:
I didn't exactly know what he was waiting on me to say. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to stay. I got up. I tried walking away but I was still holding his hand. my back was faced towards him. I waited for him to let go. he didn't. "Ezra let me go, please." "aria please don't go." "Ezra I need to." I turned to face him. I pulled him up from the bench. he was standing inches away from me. I held on to his hand still and stared down for a moment. I finally gathered the words I needed to say in this precise moment I looked up at him before I could speak he did. "aria how do you feel about me honestly?" "honestly..." I took a breath and chose the right words. my eyes filled with tears. "honestly.. It would be easier for me to describe the taste of water than my feelings for you." "aria don't say that.." "Ezra stop just stop! there's nothing left for me to say. I I- I don't have feelings for you. I don't love you. quit waiting on me to say it because I'm not I'm not going to say it. your your in love with Nicole and that's where you should be right now. I'm going to go now." "don't walk away." "Ezra I'm walking away, I'm going to be the better person. I'm going to let you move on and have a happy ending. So I'm letting you go. something I should've done along time ago. she's the better person Ezra. keep her. Love her. don't hurt her and when you do hurt her hold her and don't ever let her go because you might just lose her forever." I let go of his hand and walked away.