chapter 46: i'll survive

EZRAS POV:
I looked around at all the monitors and heard the beeping and the respirators breathing for her. the nurse came in behind me

"it's time but I'll give you a minute." she sighed

I sat in the chair next to Aria. I held her hand and put my head down.

"you always had to be first didn't you?" I asked a tear fell from my eye.

"okay we are going to begin now.." the nurse walked in. she started turning the machines off explaining what was happening but before they turned of the life support

"wait!" I yelled

"but sir..." she interrupted

"just wait!" I yelled still holding her hand.

"Aria... Aria." I choked up trying to get the words out.

"oh Aria.. please... please come back to me." I look back up at her beautiful face and I suddenly felt like we were in the bar.

"You alright down there?" I asked sipping my scotch

"I'm a bit jet lagged, I just got back from Europe." she said looking back down at her hands anxiously waiting on that cheeseburger

"where in Europe?" I asked

"Iceland." she said short and gave me a small smile and looked away as if she wanted to ignore me.

"God I love this song." she smiled

"b26?" I asked smiling. I scooted closer.

"your smart, you've traveled, great taste in music... I'd like to know more about you." I smiled

"yeah I'd like to know more about you too." she smiled and there we were in the bathroom making out on a sink. she didn't even know my name.

-----

"hello?" She asked

"no matter how hard I try... I just can't stay away from you." I said as she ran and jumped in my arms. suddenly I stopped dancing and pulled away

"what's wrong?" she asked

"this is our first dance I wanna see you." I said cupping her face. I pulled her mask off then mine and looked back down to her and kissed her.

---

"no matter what happens tomorrow Aria I will not let him hurt you." I looked down and she pulled my face back up

"I love you." she said and I was stunned and then she kissed me

----

"Aria stop you're not going to break up your family to keep us together. That's not a choice." I said sipping my drink.

"what are going to do?" she asked as I set my drink down and leaded back into the couch.

"we'll probably head up to my folks place for awhile.. regroup, send out resumes, make cold calls."

"when will you be back?" she said staring at me

I got up and turned towards her and moved her hair from her face. "Aria... I can't teach high school in this town or college what's left? It's what I do and I need to find a place where I can do it." I said and looked down because I saw the tears forming in her eyes as I still caressed her face

"looks wherever that is they're really lucky to have you." she nodded wiping the tear from her eye and shyly smiling.

"do you have any idea how much I love you?" I asked. she stared into my eyes and missed me. it was more passionate than usual. she pulled me closer and suddenly she was unbuttoning my shirt. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if she was ready. but she pulled my shirt off and I slowly pulled hers off. and laid her gently on the couch. it was her first time. and it was my first time where it actually made sense.

---
"I've never lied not once about how I felt about you!"

"Ezra don't!" she yelled as she found about the book.

"I'm such an idiot, I'll burn it!" I said

"no I'm going to read this thing front to back and see what was more important than throwing everything we had away."

---

"Ezra don't you dare close your eyes!" she yelled as I kept saying how sorry I was holding her cheek. I felt her tears fall on my chest as she tried to hold the blood in.

---

I snapped out of it.

"oh Aria how'd we get here. please don't leave me." I cried once more. then suddenly I woke up and it was all a dream. I was still in my bed. I looked around and felt my face it was sweaty and I was crying actual tears. I looked at the time it was 10 am and everything was alright. but I realized letting her leave here could kill her. then I got a phone call from Aria if it was even Aria.

A/n: aww it was a dream sorry... hahaha please comment what you thought. thanks so much for making this my #1 read book so far! can't thank you all enough!!