chapter 7: didn't we almost have it all?

ARIAS POV:
i woke up the next day wrapped in two arms. I rolled over to realize it was Ezra's. I jumped out of bed. what what did I do? I thought to myself as I started putting my clothes. I started pacing back and forth running my fingers through my hair. I looked at the ring in my finger. oh my god. Liam. I-I.. I need to leave. I left Ezra a note for when he wakes up. I rushed out of the room and shut the door quietly. I ran down the stairs not turning back as tears soaked my face. I ran to my car and drove to my apartment. I removed the plastic from the couch and sat down on it. I cried thinking about everything I did wrong. before I could process anything I heard keys messing with the door. I quickly wiped my tears and say up straight and acted as if nothing was wrong. I knew Liam was home early.

EZRAS POV:
I woke up to an empty bed. I realized where I crashed last night. but then fond memories hit me like a truck. the way her hands intertwined with mine. the way our lips met. just the way it felt to be being in her arms. I looked around to finding nothing. I saw a note I read it. "Ezra. I'm sorry. I had to go. this isn't right. you should probably stay away for awhile it's for the best. not only for you but for me." I sat on the edge of the bed wondering how she thought was night was so wrong. it was electric. it was like it was 5 years ago. it felt right.

ARIAS POV:
Liam walks in a jumped up and ran to hug him. I almost knocked him over. "god I've missed you. but hey I've been craving some coffee, can we get some from the brew please?" I was hesitant on the fact knowing Ezra would be around. "yeah sure. let me grab my keys." we walked to the car and drive there. I found us a spot to sit. I was shaky. Liam sat down with me and our coffees. "so what did you do while I was gone?" he asked. then there he was Ezra walked in. all I did was Ezra apparently. "I'm nothing nothing at all." I saw him walk into his office. "ahh Ezra. so when are you actually going to tell me about the famous Ezra besides saying he was your first love? Why are you so scared to tell me about him?" " because he never actually broke my heart Liam. He only turned it into a compass that always points back to him! we had chemistry. but there's one other thing you need. timing. timing always been a bitch. but I met you. I knew college was coming. but even if you know what's coming you're never prepared for how it feels. but reality is Liam he took my heart many years ago... and I will never ask for it back." "do you still love him?" he asked "no.. I'm in love with you now. that's all that matters. just seeing him hurts you know?" "Yeah I understand. Well thank you for being honest. there's just something I see in you that I don't want anyone else to look at. okay? look I leave again tonight. I delayed my flight because I'm passing over and thought I could come sit and see you for an hour or two before I leave. It's been good and it'll only been a few more days. I'll call you tonight or first thing in the morning." "okay." I smiled I got up and hugged him goodbye. I let go faster than usual. I say back down forgetting to kiss him goodbye. "You okay?" "yeah yeah hey would you ask that? Oh I'm sorry sorry." I got up and pecked his lips as he left to his taxi.

EZRAS POV:
of course she runs back to Liam. he's always there to help her. she's always belonged to someone else. I've had her so many times but so how I want more. but when I look at her she looks different because ever since she left and I left this town she started wearing less and going out more. I walked out of my office to seeing Aria sitting alone staring out the window. tears were falling. I walked near her. "you can sit on my office for awhile. I'll leave." "no no it's fine. stay. I just I don't know." She got up and walked into his office. I followed. She sat in his extra chair in his office and propped her legs up on my desk on the opposite side as I started doing things with my book. before I knew it I was making me laugh. it almost hurt to laugh that much. Nicole walked in. "I'm sorry am I Interrupting something?" she said sarcastically. "Oh no Nicole. come in, arias just helping publish my book. She is in the publishing business now." "why didn't you say so silly. okay well I just wanted to stop by and see you but your busy I'll see you tomorrow since it's your day off." she said moving awfully close to me with Aria still near. I coughed and looked over at Aria giving her Nicole the hint now is not the time.

ARIAS POV:
"hey um yeah well I'm going to go grab a coffee. I'll be back in a few...." I shut the door behind me and I came back five minutes later to a Nicole in ezras lap with her mouth pressed against his. I shut the door loudly so they could hear. "oh." Nicole giggled. she left and I sat back down. "so where's that coffee?" he asked jokingly. "they were out." I snapped "mmh doubt it." "you didn't tell me you were writing a book?" "I don't remember me having to tell you a lot of things Aria." "I see. really what's it about?" "honestly? you. Nicole doesn't know that. no one does but now you do and I wish I didn't just tell you that." "no I'm glad you did." "have you finished it?" "no no I haven't. I'll tell you why I haven't once I get there." I laughed okay well I plan on hearing that very soon." "Do you want to help me work on it tomorrow?" "yeah but what about Nicole?" "I'll see her. just I'll come over to your place after. what's address?" "actually it's the hire for awhile. But no sleepovers. not again. not like that." He smirked and then I laughed. "so I'll see you tomorrow night?" "yes ma'am." He responded.