chapter 56: a better place to be

ARIAS POV:
Hanna followed us home that night and decided to take Amelia so me and Ezra could talk and figure everything out. but after she left and shut the door I turned around to face him.

"Ezra I'm sorry for everything... please don't-"

"shutup.." he smiled as he got up off the couch and started walking towards me.

"look I wanna fix us and I want you forever. I wanna die together. I want to grow old together but you telling me to shutup won't fix us-" he cut me off by pinning me against the wall and putting his finger to my lip.

"stop talking so much... Listen don't ask why I stopped the divorce you should know because you feel it too. but every voice in my head did scream no."

"but..?"

"but I didn't listen... I followed my heart and it chose you. it'll never stop... choosing you because it knows I love you." I began to tear up as he said it. he leaned in and kissed me. it was a kiss I longed for. so long and hot. I never wanted to come up for air. when he pulled away I looked at him and smiled.

"wanna go upstairs?" he smirked. I nodded touching my lips as he took me by the hand and we ran up to our bedroom.

---

"wow.." he said panting.

"yeah I know. didn't think you were gonna make it there at the end." I joked resting my head on his bare chest.

"oh thanks." he laughed playing with my hair

"you rallied though. I mean that many rounds." I kept laughing.

"I've missed you." he said

"I know me too." but the fact was it wasn't even the sex I missed it was having him. it was the moments after it like these were we just talk. that's what I've missed.

"Aria I have to tell you something."

"Ezra if you slept with someone else while we were separated please just don't tell me.."

"ok then." he sighed

"you did!?" I jumped up from the bed yelling

"No no I'm kidding.." he smirked looking me up and down I realized I was naked. I felt the need to cover myself up.

"no don't.. you're beautiful." he said pulling me back down to the bed. he wrapped me in his arms.

"I have a business meeting friday in Minnesota to discuss some things regarding the brew and such. but I want to spend the rest of today and the rest of the week before I go with you and Amelia. I really want to know her." I called Hanna in that moment and asked her to bring her home. after Hanna brought her in Ezra immediately took her from her car seat and picked her up. me and Hanna walked outside and talked.

"he's so understanding. Aria you guys were made for each other. he looks so happy holding her."

"I know. I'm so blessed." I said looking in through the window with my arms crossed

"funny thing is I never knew if it was ever going to work out but he's the kinda person I'm willing to take the risk for." she smiled at me

"well I'll let you get back to your family. I'll see you soon." she drove away and I looked in the window and stared at him holding her trying to walk her. I realized I have all I've ever wanted. the house of my dreams, the man of my dreams and the perfect child. I don't know how I got so lucky. it's like a fairy tale. I can't imagine the day I don't have him or her.

----

"Aria I'm going to be late."

"no no don't leave me." I said trying to pull him back down to the bed.

"I'm already tired and I have a meeting later today. If I lay down I'll go to sleep and won't make my flight."

"you know exactly why you're tired." I smirked

"it's a good reason to be tired."

"come on.. you know want to one last time." I said patting the bed he pulled me up to kiss him. I was left breathless.

"come on take me to the airport now. Hannas here with Amelia I need to tell her goodbye too." he got dressed grabbed his suit case and walked downstairs. I got dressed and went and waited in the car. when I waked him to his gate I didn't talk I couldn't even look up because I didn't want to cry.

"can I come?" I said before he could say anything else

"I can take off work Hanna can babysit while I'm gone I just don't wanna lose you I've only had you for two weeks and you're already leaving."

"no you have to stay here and wait for me because I'll be back before you know it and we'll pick up right where we left off... in bed, our life, and with work and it will all go back to normal. just stay put. I love you." I looked down as he said it but he tilted my chin up

"look when I say I love you it means I love you more than anyone who loves you or has loved you or will love you and also I love you in a way that no one else loves you and I also love you in a way that I love no one else and never have I ever loved someone as much as I do you. and never will I ever love another. Just wait for me okay?" he smiled down on me and I wrapped my arms around him tightly never wanting to let him go. when we pulled away I began to cry. he wiped my tears away

"you always do don't you?"

"wipe my tears away... thank you for being my hero."

"that's all I've ever wanted to be Aria. I'll always be there to wipe your tears away."

EZRAS POV:
I looked down at her and kept staring in her eyes. I got lost. I cupped stepped in close. I put one arm behind her back and the other around her neck and dipped her and kissed her. it was long, it was passionate, it was the kind you never want to come up from air. I brought her back up and placed three more pecks on her lips.

"I'll see you when I get home."

"I'll see ya." She smiled letting go of my hand as I boarded my plane. I got to the end of the tunnel and turned around to see her face one last time. she smiled and waved at me. I did the same and entered the plane.

A/n: ending this Tuesday. hope you're all enjoying it.. for now