chapter 34: disarm

ARIAS POV:
I stared down at the city lights from our bedroom window I used to think city lights were so pretty. "you know everything's so much uglier up close." I said Ezra got off the be and walked over to me. he looked me in the eyes.

"but not you.." I smiled up at him and wrapped my arms around him. I thought about today and everything how I thought my mom was severely sick and how worried I was if she was to leave me.

"don't leave me. ever. Please." I begged hugging him tighter. he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"never. I promise." He said. I waked over to the bed and laid down thinking about everything. Ezra came and laid down on his back holding his head.

"what're you thinking?" he asked

"oh I don't know. my life. my mom. I just feel like she's hiding something." I rolled over facing him on my side. "Im also thinking I'm extremely lucky to have you." I smiled. he turned his head and smiled at me and looked down at my hand and grabbed it and put his hand in mine.

"I love you." he said

"I love you too." I smiled. I crawled over under his arm and fell asleep. somethings about his arms made me feel as if nothing in the world would happen nothing could ever happen to me. I was safe and finally home.

-----

it was 2am the phone began to ring I got up and answered it. I felt the tears fall from my cheeks as I dropped my phone shocked. I ran to my closet and grabbed my coat. I shook Ezra. "we need to go now!" I screamed. we drove to the hospital and ran in her room. she was coughing up blood. Mike was crying and so was my dad. I started screaming. "why-why didn't you tell me?"

"baby calm down she came out of surgery not to long ago and she's not doing well again as you can see." my dad said calmly

"She had surgery!? why didn't you call me earlier!?" "mom! mom!" her machines started beeping like crazy. there was so many doctors in the room I couldn't keep up. I was pushed out of the room. I watched through the window as they all finally gave up. the machine beeped long and loud. "time of death 14:57 am" I began beating on the window "no! no! No! Please!" I screamed