Part 3- Cats

Blake

I stare at the twins with disbelief and nervousness. Everyone in the kitchen went silent and I let out a shakey breath.

" What! Blake isn't a cat. That's crazy ". Yang said breaking the tense silence. " Of course she is. She just hides her cat ears ". Ariel said looking at yang and I was shocked.

" Y-your just imagining things ". Ruby said stuttering and Mason scoffed. " Come on Ruby. She even smells like tuna ". He said and I felt trapped.

I turned around and quickly ran out the house and out the back door. I ran down the porch and into the woods. I ran past the training equipment and to the treehouse that me and team RWBY use.

It was no way near Mikasa and Annie's treehouse. Annie and a professional crew made it and it's basically a house in a tree.

I kept running and I heard footsteps following me and I ignore it. I see the treehouse in sight and I now sprint.

I jump and caught onto the climbing rope. I climb my way up which took a while. The trees in these woods are huge.

I push open the hatch and hoist myself up. I close the hatch and ran down the bridge and to the house. It's supposed to blend into the woods and it's a light brown colour.

I ran inside the front door and closed it. I walk past the living room and kitchen and to the room me and yang use.

I walk inside and close the door behind me. The window by the wall giving in light in the room. I sigh and walk to the body mirror and stand Infront of it.

I look at my bow and frown. I lift my hand up and take off the ribbon letting my cat ears relax.

I stare at it remembering what happened.

Flashback

I walk into the school, team RWBY waiting for me by our usual hangout. It's a tree, not to far from campus. It's been 2 days since I walked into Hanji's experiment and I still don't know what to do with my cat ears.

So far, the past two school days people have been whispering and looking at me weirdly. I felt self-conscious and I walk faster. I kept looking down not noticing Cardin was walking in my way.

I bump into him and I almost fell. I looked up and he was with his wannabe crew. " Watch where your going freak ". He said and I frown.

" Yeah, who the hell has cat ears? ". One of his friends said making the rest laugh. " Look, she's gonna cry. What's wrong kitty cat? ". Cardin said smirking and I didn't notice the crowd forming around us.

" Aren't you gonna go to your loser friends? Huh, kitty cat? Or are you just gonna be like any other stupid cat and lick your paws ". He said and my heart was pounding in my human ears.

He and his crew laughed and I now noticed the crowd that formed around us. " Why do you need two pairs of ears anyway? ". He said and walked forward.

He roughly tugged on my cat ears and I yelp. " Ow! Stop! ". For one thing, my ears are very sensitive. " Why? What are you gonna do about it kitty cat? ".

End of flashback

I didn't notice I was crying until I snapped out my flashback. I look down and let out a sob " I am a freak.... ". I mutter and someone knocked on the door startling me.

" Blakey? ". It was yang. " What? ". I said then wiped away my tears. " Can we talk? Ariel and Mason are checking out the treehouse ". She said and I let out a breath.

" Y-yeah ". I said and she entered and closed the door behind her. She looked at me and I ran to her hugging her.

I cried into her chest and she hugged me. " W-what if they don't A-accept me ". I said my voice breaking down. " They will. Remember when Ruby said she had Annie's gene of having super hearing ". She said and I nod.

" I don't think they would care if your a Faunus ". She said and I sniffle. Faunus is a race name yang made meaning that your half human, half animal.

" A-re you sure? ". I said lifting my head and our eyes meet. " Of course ". She said then kissed my forehead. I smiled and she wiped away the tears on my cheeks.

We heard a thud and our eyes widen and we ran out the room. We went upstairs and when we got there Mason was on the floor and Ariel was putting back a picture frame.

" What the hell happened? ". Yang said putting a hand on her hip. Ariel turned around quick and they both looked guilty " We uhh... We were playing and Mason bumped into the wall and dropped the picture ". She said laughing nervously.

Mason got up and he and Ariel stood next to each other looking very guilty. " It's alright. At least you didn't break it ". Yang said and I nod.

" You have cute cat ears ". Ariel said smiling and I look at yang and she gave me a I-told-you look.

" Your not... Freaked out? ". I said timidly and they shake their head " We're not exactly normal either. Mason especially but... I also haven't told something to you guys ". Ariel explained rubbing the back of her neck.

" A secret I don't know about? Who are you and what have you done to my sister? ". Mason said and Ariel laughed nervously.

" It surprises me that your both are 33 ". I said and they shrug at me. " Thanks for understanding... ". I said and they smiled at me.

" Told ya Blakey ". Yang said being close to me. I blush and take the ribbon from my arm and put it around my ears.

" Let's just go back to the house ". I said and they all nod. " Hey, do you have a balcony? ". Mason asked and me and yang nodded.

" We'll show you ". Yang said and we guide them to the balcony on the roof. We go up some stairs and yang opens the hatch and gets up on the deck.

I follow after also the twins. I smile looking around the woods since we're all the way at the top. " Perfect ". Ariel said and I look at them worried.

" What are you- ". I said but then Ariel and Mason ran and jump on the wooden rail and jumped off. I gasp and me and yang ran to the edge and look over the rail.

" WOO!! ". I heard Mason and Ariel yell swinging branch to branch, tree to tree. " Holy crap ". Yang said amazed and I laughed.

" Let's go kitty ". Yang said picking me up bridal style. " I told you to stop doing that ". I said glaring at her. She smirked " Oh yeah? I cat believe it ". She said and I grumbled.

" Damn you ". I said and she carried me out the house.

Wow.