Part 40- Meditation

I loved The Last Airbender. And now I'm watching The Legend of Korra. Who else liked the show?

Ariel

" The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided ".

Breathing in and out. Small gentle breezes blow past me. The sun making the air breathable and soothing. Sitting up cross legged while putting my fists together.

Rain sits in my lap, sleeping while I meditate. Mason, Ruby, Annie and Blake are lined up to my left. Hearing everything that the forest has to give, that nature has to give.

" You may not like it, but I know every single one of your weaknesses.... To use it against you and your precious family ".

I furrow my brows, his voice coming into my state of mind. Interrupting my peaceful thinking.

" HAHAHA!! Look at you! So weak and pathetic! Now how do you like it! ".

I grit my teeth, trying to get the horrid memories out of my mind. Instead of hearing nature, I hear the sounds of screaming, yelling, cries of pain.

" DIE! DIE! DIE! ".

I gasp, opening my eyes. I pant, getting my glasses from the grass. I put them on, now seeing clearly. I look around then look at the others.

Mikasa was reading while laying her back on Annie's back. Weiss was sleeping on Ruby's lap, Andy was laying his back on Mason's lap, staring at the sky. And yang was playing on her phone while laying on blakes lap.

I felt something move and I look down. I sigh of relief seeing rain, making me less tense. I move strands of hair out of her face and she furrowed her brows.

I smile, then lean down and plant a soft kiss on her forehead. She relaxed afterwards, and I look at her belly. I gently take rains hands and place them on her belly along with mine.

I grin feeling a soft kick from the baby inside of her. Mason already explained about the bet, I think it will be a girl. Either way, I will still love it no matter what.

I look up from her and out into the woods. It wasn't too hot nor was it too cold, it was just right. We were under the shade and the forest had grown a lot throughout the years. More like jungle.

I felt a soft squeeze in my hands and I look down at rain. She looks up at me with loving eyes, awake from her nap. I smile and she smiles back.

" Hey ". I said and she giggled. " Hi ". She whispered and I chuckle. " How long was I out? ". She asked and I shrugged.

" I just snapped out of it a few minutes ago. We went out here at eleven... It must be around the middle of the day ". I said and she hummed. She looked to our hands and I intertwine our fingers.

" Can you move your legs out, it's sort of uncomfortable ". She asked and I nod. " Sure ". I said and she lifted herself a little. I move my legs and to the sides of her, scooting up a bit.

" Better? ". I said looking down at her. She nodded " Better ". She said now having her head at my chest. She closed her eyes and I kiss her cheek softly.

She smiled in bliss and I chuckle. I felt a small pebble hit my shoulder and I snap my head towards who threw it.

I look at Mikasa and she was looking at me. " What? ". I mouthed and she put a finger to her lips. I gave her a apologetic look " Sorry ". I mouthed again and she looked back to her book.

I look at rain and she had already fallen back asleep. I shake my head and puff out my cheeks. My back and shoulders felt stiff as hell.

" STOP IT! ".

I jump at the sudden yell. I look at them and Mason was the one who screamed. He screamed, Andy having to calm him down.

Annie and Blake had stopped meditating but Ruby kept her pose. Weiss had started to wake up and I look at rain. She had her eyes open with a slight frown on her face.

" Mason... Mason... It's okay. Your safe ". Andy said assuringly to him. Mason was panting, looking around frantically without his glasses on.

" Ariel? ". He called out and I sigh. " Be right back ". I whispered to rain and kiss her forehead. She sat up and I help her.

" Ariel? Ariel?!?!? ". He screamed out and I stand up. I ran to him, stopping to sit beside him. " I'm here ". I said and he lunged at me.

He wrapped his arms around my torso and hid his face in my chest. He let out a choked sob and I put my arms around him.

" H-he hurt us... I-I can't get him out of my h-head ". He stammered and I sigh. I stroke his hair as he sobbed into my shirt, which I didn't mind.

" Girls, go inside. We'll meet you there ". Annie said and Weiss, Blake and yang nodded. " What about Ruby? ". Weiss said standing up from her lap.

" She's gonna be fine. Just head inside ". Mikasa said softly and Weiss hesitated but followed the other two. I look at Annie and she looked away from me.

" H-how long am I going to be a-afraid? ". He whimpered sadly and I frown. My eyes tear up but I blink them away. " I don't know ". I whispered back and tightly hug him.

Mikasa got up and walked to us. She sat next to me with a sad expression. She opened up her arms and I lean into her shoulder.

" I'm sorry ". She whispered and Mason let go of me. He crawled to Mikasa's right side and hugged her. She put her arm around us and I sniffle.

" You guys didn't deserve this... We didn't deserve this ". She spoke softly and I close my eyes. I felt the tears spill from my eyes and I press my lips together.

" It will never go away. It can, but it will always be there. We, of all people, understand that.... Your going to be okay ". She said with a tender voice.

I whimper, putting my arms around her as well. Mason and I start sobbing, unable to control our emotions. It felt like a jump scare.

It pops up out of no where and in that moment, your scared. But this jump scare became permanent. Permanent enough that it will always haunt me forever.

" Your scared... I'm scared too. But it's natural for us to be scared. But to be traumatised? That's hard. We can keep fighting but it will never go away. I know that from experience ".

Yes, that's true. Unless you let it control you.