Part 37- Dreams

Mikasa

" Minnie! Minnie! Look! Me and Mason found a frog! ". Ariel yelled out as she and Mason run to us holding a large frog.

" Don't touch that. You could get sick ". I said seriously. They frowned sadly " But he was all alone ". Mason said and I sigh.

" Listen to Minnie, and even if he or she is alone, I'm pretty sure it has a family ". Annie said and they both gasp.

" Oh no! We took him away from his family! ". Ariel yelled looking at Mason. " Let's go! ". Mason said and they both jumped off the second patio step and ran into the forest.

I smile, watching the six year olds run while holding a frog. It's been six months since we've taken them as our own, and I think I'm getting the hang of this.

" Try and lighten up more. Their six, they think that tinker bell is real ". Annie said and I look at her. She had a calm expression on her face and I blew a raspberry.

I lean my head on her shoulder and sigh. " Am I doing this wrong? ". I said softly and I felt her arm go around my torso.

" No, your doing fine ". She said and I whine. " Then how come you have a better time with them? ". I said with a sad tone.

I look up at her and she looked at me. " I don't know. You know I have a soft spot for kids ". She said and I pout. She chuckled and I couldn't help but smile a little.

. . .

" Mickey! ".

I blink, looking up to see Ariel and Mason run up to us, but their twelve. Ariel had hair to her shoulders but put in a small bun. Mason had a comb over.

" We learned a new technique with the knives! ". Mason said and I smile. " Show us ". I said and they grin, taking out their daggers from their holster on their legs.

I felt an arm around my torso and squeak when Annie pulled me closer to her. I look at her and she smirked and gave me a surprise kiss on the lips.

She pulled away quickly and my face heats up. She chuckled and I grumble looking to the twins, embarrassed.

They went a few yards away from each other and went into a fighting stance. The daggers in Ariel's left hand and masons right hand.

" Hai! ". Ariel yelled and they both ran forward. My eyes widen in worry but it was the mom in me. Mason slide tackled across the grass while Ariel jumped.

They threw their daggers in the air which made me anxious. They ran to each other again and turned around so they were back to back.

The daggers flew down towards them and Ariel held up her right hand while Mason held up his left. The handle of the dagger dropped right into their hands and they jabbed forward.

" Damn ". Annie said and they grin, turning to us. " It's better used in combat rather than using it alone ". Ariel said and I had my mouth agape.

" Minnie? ". Mason said and I furrow my brows. " Oh no- ". Annie said but I interrupt her. " What the hell! How did you do that! ". I yelled and they each rose an eyebrow.

" We're in sync Minnie. It's all about connection ". Mason said seriously. " Duh ". Ariel said like it's obvious and I face palm.

. . .

" Minnie! Minnie! ".

I look up from talking to Annie, me and her were laying down in the grass. The two eighteen year olds run to us and I sigh annoyed.

" What! ". Annie said annoyed and we both sit up. " We got invited for a party! ". Mason said excitedly and I grew confused.

" But you always get invited to parties. What makes this one any different? ". I said with a confused voice. Their grins grew wider and I grew anxious.

" It's a pool party! ". Ariel said and Annie immediately stood up. " Ah, hell no. I know for sure you guys are just gonna show off and flirt with mostly everyone ". She said seriously and I suppress my laugh.

" Nooooo.... ". They both said in unison, putting their hands behind their backs. They avoided contact and I let out a laugh. " Hey! ". They yell and I keep laughing.

. . .

We watch as the fireworks go off, and me and Annie snuggle into each other in the blanket. We were in a hill in the forest where we can see the firework festival go on.

Levi let us use his truck, which we used with blankets, pillows, drinks and some snacks.

Ariel and Mason were at the top of the hill, sharing a big fuzzy red blanket. I intertwine me and Annie's fingers and watch as another firework goes off with a boom.

" Wow... ". I mutter, smiling. The mixed Colors of red, blue, green, yellow any color, flashes into the sky. Making it stand out against the darkness.

" It's amazing, isn't it? ". I said turning to Annie. Only to see her already looking at me. " What? ". I said oblivious.

She didn't say anything and I grew confused. Another boom went off and it lit up our faces with blue and white Colors.

" Annie- ". I said but she interrupted me by a surprise kiss on the lips. My eyes widen and another boom echoes into the air.

How cliché, but it was like fireworks exploded in our kiss. My eyes slowly close and I kiss back. She pulls me closer to herself and I put my hand on her cheek.

When she pulled away, I take in a deep breath. I let it out slowly and reopen my eyes. My cheeks were a pink hue and I look into Annie's eyes.

" What was that for? ". I said breathless and she panted. She leaned in close to my face and I felt my face heat up.

" Because I love you ".

---------

My eyes shot open and I gasp for air. I immediately sit up in shock.

" Annie! ". I yell out but it only came out as a hoarse whisper. My throat felt scratchy and I felt weak. I look around only to see I'm in a familiar room.

A hospital room.

I furrow my brows in confusion and frown. " Why? ". I said hoarsely and I put my hand around my neck for comfort.

I wince from the pain in my body and stomach. I hadn't eaten in a week and I feel like throwing up. My breath smelled like alcohol and I cringe.

" What have I done? ".