Part 39- Welcome Home

Okay, so the picture is Ariel and Mason's character. But remember, their 36, Ariel has a scar across her right eye and Mason has a scar across his left eye, both wearing glasses. You get the gist

----------

Mikasa

May, 20th

" So, you two are thirty-six. How was your birthday? ". I ask looking at the twins in the backseat. " We had a small party but we were kind of bummed out since you weren't there ". Ariel said sadly.

" I'm sorry ". I said and they shake their heads. " It's okay. Your here now ". Mason said with a smile. " Thanks ". I said then look forward again.

I look at Annie and she had her eyes on the road. The glasses on her face making a slight difference on her appearance.

" What? ". She said and I look away. " Sorry. I just like your glasses ". I said and she shrugged. " It's fine. I'm just surprised your sitting there and not in the back. Aren't you scared? ". She asked and I look around the car.

" Yes, I am. But the only way to beat your fear is to face it, right? ". I said and look at her. She nodded and took a left turn into our neighbourhood.

I clung onto the seat and take in shaky breath. She drives up to the house and goes up the driveway. She parks next to Ruby's red truck and I let go.

I unbuckle the seatbelt and quickly get out the car. I close the car door shut and let out a sigh of relief. I follow the three to the front porch.

We walk up the steps and Ariel takes out a set of keys out of her sweatpants. She unlocks the door and steps inside. I hesitantly walk inside, with Annie beside me.

" Hey Darling ". Ariel said, walking to her in the living room. I look around at the familiar surroundings and I heard the door close.

" Welcome home ". Annie said and I smile softly. I walk to the island and run my hand down the granite countertops.

" Minnie? ".

I froze at the voice. I slowly turn around and my eyes widen when I see Ruby at the bottom of the stairs. Her hair had grown down to her shoulders and she looked taller.

" Ruby ". I said and she ran up to me. She pulled me into a hug and I hug back. " I missed you ". She said into my shirt and I smile.

" I missed you to ". I said softly and I heard footsteps from the stairs. I look up and Weiss stops at the bottom of the stairs.

Her eyes were wide and tears formed in her eyes. Ruby pulled away a little, to look at Weiss. " Hey ". I said and she ran up to me.

She hugged me and Ruby pulled away completely. She cries into my shirt and I hug her tightly. " Y-your back ". She stammered with a small voice.

" I always do ". I said softly and look up. They all look at me and I smile softly. They smile back and darling barked.

" Where are Yang and Blake? ". I ask and Weiss doesn't pull away. " Their at the store. We told them you were coming and they wanted to celebrate with food ". Ruby said and I nod.

" Weiss... You can let go now ". Ruby said and she shook her head. " It's okay, Ruby ". I said and she nodded.

" Let's watch TV ". Mason suggested and we all agreed. We walk to the living room, Weiss clinging to me. I sat down in the middle of the couch -- that's against the wall -- and Annie sits beside me.

The twins sit across on the other couch and Ariel turns on the flatscreen. " Ooo! Netflix! ". Ariel said smirking and went into the menu and put on Netflix.

- Time Skip -

" Looks like she fell asleep ". Annie said and I look at Weiss. She lays her head on my shoulder, still clinging to me. " I wanted to hug her ". Ruby whined and I chuckle.

" I'm sure she'll let go. But in the meantime... ". I trail off and slowly get off. I slowly lift her arms off around my torso and slowly stand up.

" There ". I said standing straight up. " Yay! ". Ruby said and went to pull Weiss into a hug. " Your such a puppy ". I said and she grinned.

" Annie. Could you come with me upstairs? ". I ask and she nodded. " Sure ". She said standing up. " We'll be right back ". I said to the three and they nod.

We ascend up the stairs and to our room.  I open the door and walk in. I stop at the door and look around. Still the same, I thought.

" What did you need? ". Annie asked softly. I close the door and walk to the bed. " Snuggle with me ". I said and she chuckled.

" Alright ". She said amused and we take off our shoes and socks. I slip under the covers and and she laid on my right.

" It's cold ". I said and she pulled me into her. " It's spring. How are you cold? ". She asked and I shrug. " I've been in a coma for a year, I lost a lot of pounds ". I said as I snuggle into her.

" You don't have to remind me ". She said with a low tone. I frown and press the side of my face to her chest. " Sorry. But I can't stop thinking about it ". I said softly.

" It never leaves your mind, does it? ". She asked and I shake my head. " It feels like a continuous nightmare ". I said with a slight frown.

" It's gonna be alright. We'll get through this... We all will ". She said and I sigh. I nuzzle into her and she strokes my hair gently.

" How much did you miss me? ", I ask and she scoffs. " Is that even a question? You know how much ". She said and I frown.

" I just want to know all the pain I caused you... ". I said with a low tone. She squeezed me gently and I slide my arms around her torso.

" I couldn't sleep. I barely got any sleep these past months. The night terrors... I almost punched Lily and I almost choked out Mason ". She said and I furrow my brows.

" I see him everywhere. I think about how he could've killed us. Our son,  daughter and my family. I even think livid thoughts about you being chained up ". She said with a shaky voice.

" It haunts me every single day- "

" Stop ".

I look up and she looked at me. She had a scared look in her eye and I scoot up. I meet her face to face and she visibly shakes.

I put my hand on her cheek and she shut her eyes. Her breathing became frequent and I caress her cheek. " Shhh... Shhh...  I'm here ". I said softly and she whimpers.

" Don't leave me ". She said and put her hand over mine. I lean forward and give her a soft kiss on her forehead. " It's alright. Your okay ". I whispered and she opened her eyes.

I lift my hand and she lets go. I reach for her glasses and slowly take them off. She blinked and her icy blue eyes were a fade colour now. Her pupils small.

" Say it with me.... I'm okay ". I spoke with a soft tone. She look around frantic and I grab her hand. I put her palm on my cheek and she sighed.

" I'm okay ". She whispered and I kiss her palm. " I'm okay ". I said again and she touched my face gently. She inhaled a sharp breath and exhaled slowly.

" I'm... Okay ".