Part 35- Why?

Annie

I sit in the waiting room in the hospital, tired. I had on the clothes Weiss gave me, a few hours earlier. Blue jeans, white converse, a sleeveless black tank top with a heart and note design and a red plaid flannel.

I was waiting for the others since I got out first. I lean my elbow on the arm of the chair with the side of my face on my palm.

Having livid night terrors has a big effect on you. Even my daydreams are being irrupted by those... Memories.

" Annie? ". I jump at the noise, alert but scared. I look at the person and relax since it was Reiner and Bert. They wore the clothes that Weiss gave them as well.

" Hey ". I said shakily. They walked up to me and sat on either side of me. " You got your glasses? ". Bert asked and I nod.

" Yeah. I chose Vans ". I said and they nod. " How come you guys didn't get glasses? ". I said confused. " We did. But there just reading glasses, we can still see ". Reiner answered and I scowl.

" I'm practically blind without them ". I said then leaned back into the chair. " At least you still have your eyes ". Bert said quietly and I frown.

Bert's right eye was cut off. So he has an eyepatch. A scar was across the eye and across his lips. Reiner having one across his forehead and eyebrow.

" Mom? ". I look up and see Ariel and Mason. They both were wearing glasses. The immense scar across Ariel's right eye, and Mason's left eye were very visible.

" You guys are okay ". I said relived standing up. I walk up to them and hug them both. They hug back and we pull away.

Ariel had on a grey Nike hoodie, grey and black joggers, and white converse. Mason having on a black long sleeve, with grey pants and black boots.

" Where's Eren and Ymir? ". Mason asked and that's when the two came out from the hallway. I point to them and they turn around.

" Hey guys ". Ariel said and they wave. They walk right up to us and Eren was wearing his reading glasses.

" I think Weiss is gonna pick us up ". I said and Reiner and Bert walk up to us. " I think she's here ". Ariel said looking out the window. We all look and saw her exit Ruby's red truck.

" Let's go ". Ymir said with a monotone voice. All the scars across our faces were making people stare at us. We all walk towards the sliding door.

The slide door opens and we all walk through. I squint at the bright light and I can feel the wind blow by. It's Autumn?

" Oh, you guys got out early ". Weiss said stopping Infront of us. " Yeah, we didn't expect it either ". Eren said and we nod.

We all follow her to the truck and Reiner, Bert, Eren and Ymir get in the back. I sit in the front while the twins sit behind us.

Weiss turns on the car and classical music came on. I notice the ring on weiss's hand and I furrow my brows.

" I'll tell you later ". She said and I jump at that. She drove backwards then out the parking lot.

- 10 minutes later -

We stop in the driveway at my house and I shudder. I got a weird feeling once we get out the car. Two years... I thought as we walk to the porch.

Weiss takes lead, stopping Infront of the door. She takes out her keys and open the door. She turned the handle and pushed open the door.

" Hey Darling ". We heard Weiss say, going to the living room. I hesitantly walk in and look around. I look towards the living room and it looked just the same.

Ariel gasped and I look at what she's looking at. My eyes widen when I see Weiss petting an adult darling. Her coat full and bright, her black leg standing out.

When darling looked to us and barked. Weiss took the others to their own houses and it's just me and the twins. I look towards the two and they back away scared.

Darling got up from her bed and walked to us. She stopped barking for a moment and sniffed. She stepped closer, still sniffing.

" Darling... It's okay. Don't you remember? ". Weiss said softly walking to her. Darling keeps sniffing and flicked her tail.

Her ears were unnaturally drooped down. I go down on one knee and held out my hand. She walked up to me and sniffed my hand.

" Your so big ". I said softly and she barked. She licked my hand and I smile. " You remember ". I said then stood up.

Darling looked toward the twins and they flinch. She tilted her head confused and I cross my arms. " She is yours Ariel. She knows you ". I said seriously.

She looked nervous and took in a breath. " O-okay ". She said stuttering and walked forward. She kneeled down and held out her hand.

Darling walked up and sniffed her hand. After a moment she stepped back and sneezed. Ariel looked at her and darling barked, jumping on her.

I smile seeing darling lick all over her face. Ariel laughs and darlings ears went up but was still drooped down.

" Oh my gosh... ". Weiss said and I look at her. She smiled big " This is the first she's been happy ". She said and I look to the two.

Mason was also being licked by darling and the twins laugh together. " Where's the others? ". I ask and Weiss sighs.

" Ruby, Blake and Yang are at the treehouse ". She said and I scrunch my eyebrows together. " What about Mikasa? ". I ask and she frowns.

" Go to the treehouse ". She said quietly and I grew anxious. I ran to the back foot and opened it. I ran out the house and across the patio.

It hurt to run but I don't care. I jump down the steps and stumble into the forest. Clouds were coming in and the winds became stronger.

- 10 minutes later -

I arrive at the treehouse and climb up the ladder. I jump to the patio and to the door. I open it then close it. No lights were on so the sunlight was the only source of light.

I walk across the kitchen and into the living room. It was unusually quiet and everything looked normal but unused.

I approach our bedroom door and hesitate. Flashes of the horrible memories come back to me but I try and block them out.

I put my hand on the handle and slowly turn it. The click echoed into the house and I slowly open the door. The room was dark since the curtains were drawn in.

The room was stiff but clean. I silently close the door and I held in a whimper at the darkness. I quickly walk across the room and to the Windows.

I open the curtains and sigh relived at the sunlight. But then noticed that dark grey clouds cover the skies and the loud winds blew by.

I heard shifting and I froze. I slowly turn around and gasp. I put a hand over my mouth trying to cover my shock.

Why did it have to be this way?

A/N: Any idea's of what Annie saw? Or what Mikasa is doing? I have a plan but I just wanna hear from you guys

Stay... Fabulous

~ Drwalf