Part 28- Halfway There

Ariel

" Why are you playing with my hair? ". I said as rain takes a strand of hair and rubs it between her thumb and index finger. I lean back on the wall getting comfortable on the bed.

" What? I can't play with my wife's hair? ". She said with a smirk and I chuckle. " Your unbelievable. You know that? ". I said and she laughed.

" I am just full of surprises ". She said then lowered her hand. She stared at me and I stare back. It was early in the morning so it was nice having it quiet.

" To be honest... I never had anyone be nice to me like this ". She said softly and I held her hand. " That's because they don't see what I see ". I said and she smiled.

" And what do you see? ". She said in a low voice leaning into my face. " Well... I see beauty. I see caring. I see cute. I see shy. I see a person who makes me happy all the time ". I said and she was face to face with me.

She sat in my lap and I put my arms around her lower torso. " Wanna know what I see? ". She said and I giggle " What? ". I said and she pressed her forehead on mine.

" A 33 year old who acts like a six year old ". She said and I laugh. " Come on ". I said and she laughed. " Okay. Okay.... I see happy. I see defensive. I see loving. I see funny. I see someone who is my opposite.... My other half ". She said and I grin.

" Your gonna hate me when I do this ". I said and she furrowed her brows. " What? ". She said confused and I smirk. " Did you fall from heaven?.... Because your face looks pretty fucked up ". I said and she hit me on the head.

I laugh out loud and she gets off of me. " I'm sorry!- oh god ". I said through my laughs and she gets down from the bed. " Rain! ". I said still laughing following her.

" No! You ruined a perfectly good moment! ". She said walking out the door. I follow her still laughing " Look, I'm sorry! It was just a joke! ". I said and she took a turn down the stairs.

I grumble and follow her downstairs. Mikasa and Annie were sitting on the tall stools and I use my web-shooters to pull her.

She yelped as i spin her around and I caught her in my arms. " Let me go! ". She said squirming and I pick her up. " Godamnit! I hate being short! ". She said irritated and Mikasa snickers.

" I am very sorry about it. It was a joke and I won't let go until you forgive me ". I said and she grumbled. She pouted then looked at me.

" Just forgive her. She's never gonna let go if you don't. Trust me, I know ". Annie said seriously and Mikasa laughs. I look at her and she groans loudly.

" Fine! I forgive you! Now put me down! ". She said and I did. She crossed her arms and I chuckle. " I am so in love with you ". I said then kissed her forehead.

" I love you too... ". She muttered and I laugh. I walk to the fridge and look through it. I gasp and I yank out an empty yogurt cup.

" Who the hell are my yogurt! ". I yelled turning around. Mikasa and Annie's eyes widen and they point to rain. " It was Rain! ". They said and rain looked scared.

She then started running up the stairs and I slam the fridge close and ran after her. She ran in my room and I ran in before she could close the door.

I walk up to her making her back hit the wall. " I'm sorry! ". She said and I lean close to her. I kept a serious face on before giggling. She looked at me weirdly and I pick her up.

" You know your the only one who can eat my stuff ". I said and she shook her head. " You fucking scared me asshole! ". She yelled and I laugh.

I gave her a peck on the lips before setting her down. She blushed and I grin. " I don't know what I'd do without you ". I said and she hugged me.

I hug back and she clutched at my torso. " I would die if you were out of my world ". She said into my shirt and I hug her back.

" If anything happened to you... Then I will get you back. No matter what ".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

" ARIEL! ARIEL! ". My eyes shot open as I see Mason, Ruby, Minnie and Mickey hovering over me. I look around and were in the forest.

" What happened? ". I said sitting up. " You didn't watch where you swinging on your web and you hit a branch ". Ruby said and I rub my head.

" Aren't we going to the Bunker? ". I said squinting a bit as my eyes adjust to the light. " Yes. But we couldn't leave while you were injured ". Weiss said crossing her arms and I rub my eyes.

" How am I injured? I don't feel anything? ". I said and they look at me weirdly. " You were stabbed in the thigh with a stick. Mason found you ". Mikasa said and I look at my thighs.

I shake my head " Nothing's there. Are you sure? ". I ask and they nod. I look at Mason and he nodded but put his hand over mine.

He tapped his index and pinky on the back of my palm for about four times and my eyes widen. " Really? ". I said in a low voice and he nodded.

He helps me stand up and I wipe the grass and dirt off my pants. " Thanks for the concern. But I'm fine, really ". I said with a smile and Ruby hugs me.

" You scared me idiot ". She said and I was reminded of the dream I had. " I'm sorry ". I said hugging back and she pulls away.

" Annie! ". I heard the voice of Reiner and Bertholdt yell and we all turn to see them running towards us. I squint and saw men following them in the distance.

I growl and pull up my hood " This will be easy ". I said and we all get into a fighting stance. Team RWBY taking out their weapons. I close my eyes for a second and I didn't see darkness.

I saw rain smiling at me.

I let out a breath and reopen my eyes. All the sounds around me got muted and I saw a flashback of rain looking up from her sketchbook. She smiled and showed me a drawing of me and her.

" This if for you! Well... It's both of us ".

" This is for you... For the both of us ".

Live, Love, Laugh ( Mikannie )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara