Part 33- Weiss?

Annie

I flutter my eyes open only to squint. The blinding white light felt like it was burning my eyes. Being in the dark for god knows how long can do that to ya.

I blink a few times and slowly enough, my vision gets less blurry. I heard a constant noise of beeps and I felt weak. I can never get through my year without having to be hurt or captured, great... Sarcasm noted.

My vision cleared although it was still a little blurry. I sniff and I cringe. It smelled like gross hospital food, death and medicine. I look around, squinting,  only to see I'm in a hospital room.

From what I can see, there's chairs at each side of the room. To my right is the window with the blinds and a plant in the left corner of the room.

I opened my mouth and it was dry. I lick my chapped lips and blink a few times. My vision was clear but only a tiny bit blurry. The light in this room was dim, it looked creepy.

How did I get here? Who brought me here?

I thought in my head. I look down and see what was on my arms. I.V's were in my arms and I raise my left hand. A clip for your temperature or blood pressure was on my index finger.

My arms were skinny and my veins were barley showing. I frown at the scars and cuts on my arms. A line around my right arm the time the ' King ' chopped off one of our limbs.

It was not pleasant.

I don't think I can get over that. I've been through some pretty rough shit but that... That goes way too far. It literally scared me to death.

I suddenly heard a thud on the floor  I jump. " Don't hurt me! ". I yelled dryly shielding my face with my arms out of fear. I felt myself shake and my eyes were shut.

" Annie... ". I peek open an eye at the voice. I slowly lower my arms and open both my eyes. My eyes widen at the sight of Weiss.

She looked older... How long have we been gone?

" Weiss? ". I said hoarsely and she walked to me. She was holding a water bottle in her hand and she handed it to me. I eye it afraid of the outcome.

" It's just water ". She said softly and I slowly went and grab it. I twist the cap and it came off easily since it was already open. I raise it to my lips and gulp down half of the water.

I heard a chair being dragged across the floor and I cap the bottle. I set it aside on the mattress of the bed and look at the now older Weiss.

She had blue jeans, black boots, and a white blouse with a blue scarf. I furrow my brows at the sight of a ring on her right hand.

" How long I've been out? ". I said in sign language since it hurt to speak. She leaned against the chair with a poker face and crossed her arms. " A month ". She said plainly and I sigh relieved.

" But it's been two years since you've been captured ". She said with a hard voice. I look at her eye-wide with shock. No wonder she looks older... She's twenty-one.

She looked at me with cold eyes and I furrow my brows. " Where are the others? ". I said in sign. She shook her head looking down.

" The others are down the hall, side by side. Its around midnight so I came by myself ". She said looking up but not at me.