Part 13- Spidey Senses

Ariel

I take a stroll down the sidewalk minding my own business. I had on a red plaid flannel, military jacket, grey pants and burgundy red vans. Also carrying a vans backpack.

I had my wrist bands on since I would always go out and help people. I work faster than the police, and this generation, their asswipes.

I also had to get eggs for the house and the store was so far. I even saw a orphanage near Walmart and I would glance at it but it looked scary.

I wonder what orphanage is Lily in. I really want to adopt her. My thoughts were interrupted by my spider sense when I heard a scream.

I furrow my brows and follow the sound. My eyes widen when I saw the orphanage suddenly on fire. I ran towards it, more like sprinting.

By the looks of it... Or footsteps. There are about 5 kids and one adult. I kept running then took out my mask that covered my head like a beanie only leaving my mouth exposed.

I used my senses and dropped my backpack on the concrete and use my web-shooter. I fly upward and crash into a window doing a parkour roll.

I heard cries and I ran through the hall and take a left to a room and felt the presence of the five children. I heard a crackling noise and I ran up to them.

They cried more and I kneel down. I take off my mask and I saw the five children. 3 girls and two boys... Wait, Lily!

" Ariel! ". She yelled running to me and hugging me. " Come on! Let's get you out of here! ". I said putting on the mask again and the room had three big windows.

I heard another crack and a pillar fell down blocking our entrance. " Get on me! ". I said kneeling down and I held Lily on my arms and the four children got on my back and arms.

" One... Two... Three! ". I said running then jumping out the window. But a piece of flame went on my leg and I grit my teeth and use both my web-shooters to hold myself on the building and a tree.

I lower myself down and the children get off me. " Ariel! Your leg! ". Lily cried out and I flick the flame off my leg and I felt a bad burn mark.

" Stay here ". I said then ran -- limping -- and used my spider sense to fly up and go through the top floor. I crash through a window and the place is even smokey than before. I felt a presence and I ran to it.

The adult was a young woman trapped under a pillar. I grit my teeth and lift the pillar off of her and pull her out.

I carry her bridal style and the place is about to collapse. I grunt and run towards a window and jump through it.

I use my web-shooter to catch on a high tree and swing. I hit the ground sliding across the dirt holding the woman in my arms.

" Ariel! ". I heard the voice of Lilly's and I cough sitting up. I touch my back and shoulder and the jacket only got scratches.

" You alright? ". I asked slowly standing up. I wince almost falling because of the burn mark on my leg. My spider sense picked up on the fire trucks horn and I carry her bridal style.

The whole building collapses and I grit my teeth limping toward the front area. The kids following me, Lily walking on my right.

The fire trucks actually came and started putting out the fire. Not long after an ambulance came and I help put the woman on the gernie.

I now sit on a table and they patch up my leg. I refuse to take off my mask even though they insist. I had my jacket and flannel off while they tend to my scratches and cuts.