Part 29- Kill

Annie

Killing is a choice. You can be forced, you can do it at will. Even if someone does it regularly, deep inside they know it's bad. It gives you such guilt that it makes you wanna cry.

Currently we are fighting the bad guys that were chasing Reiner and Bert. I would explain how it goes on but it's too brutal. Plus, I want to say something.

I can kill these guys easily. For one, they have slow and lousy swipes. Two, they are uncoordinated. And three, they have bad aim.

I don't regret this. I don't regret killing Adam. I don't regret having someone's blood on my skin. I don't regret killing people that hurt innocent people.

But this is ridiculous. Mikasa makes me feel guilty but it all goes away when I argue back. That fight didn't go to well.... And we mostly never fight.

I do regret that. I can never live with myself-

" Mikasa! ". I push off a man off of me slicing its neck only to look and see Mikasa on the floor. A guy was hovering over her with a dagger and raised it.

My eyes widen and I ran to him. I furrow my eyebrows angrily and he looked towards me. " DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!! ". I yell and tackled him to the floor.

The dagger dropped in his hand and I start punching him. I grunt angrily throwing punches left and right. I didn't care if this was wrong.

He hurt Mikasa.

I stop breathing heavy and he looked beat up. I look around and grabbed onto a big rock. I raised the Rock and he looked terrified.

" RAHHHH!!! ". I let out a war cry and swung down the rock on his face. I slam the rock on his face repeatedly and blood scatters onto my clothes.

" Annie! ". I felt someone grab my arms and I look up at them. Ariel held onto my arms and I drop the rock. " She's fine ". She said and I look toward Mikasa.

She was sitting up while Mason was tending to the punch wound on the face. I look around and there was no more guys left.

" You over did it. It was just a punch ". She said calmly and I stand up. She let go of my arms and I glare at her. " Don't you dare say that. She was about to be stabbed and I wasn't about to let that happen! ". I yelled.

She kept a straight face and I take deep breaths. " I'll lead. I saw the mountain when you were unconscious ". I said and pulled up my hood.

" Reiner. Bertholdt ". I said and they ran to my side. I start walking through the forest again and kept looking ahead. Squinting I can see guards protecting two metal doors.

" Shouldn't the twins take the lead. We are looking for their wife and husband ". Bert said and i didn't bother to scold at him.

" Their my Son and Daughter in law. Family takes care of each other ". I said in an emotionless voice. I heard the footsteps of the group behind us and I take in a deep breath.

I let it out and blink a few times. In a serious kind of situation, I'm used to having the twins cheer us up. But when they're quiet you know it's serious.

I felt a hand grab onto mine and I look up to glare at them but noticed it was Mikasa. She had her hood down and under her left eye was purple.

" Oh ". I said and she smiled at me. " I just thought it would calm you down if I held your hand ". She said softly and I look ahead.

" Your presence is all that I need to calm me down ". I said in my normal voice. " Even in this situation... I flattered ". She said and I look at her.

She was smiling and she reached out to pull my hood down. I furrow my brows and she looks ahead. I sigh and look ahead as well.

The sight of the mountain became more clear. But we were still emerged into the forest. The rest of us didn't say anything and my mind was solely focused on the warmth of Mikasa's hand.

" We're almost there ". Mikasa said outloud and now the mountain side was yards away. I pull up my hood and Mikasa does too.

That's when the twins sped past us. My eyes widen and I let go of Mikasa's hand. " Ruby! Come on! ". I called out sprinting forward. " Got it! ". She yelled and I catch up to the twins.

Ruby has incredible speed and was beside me in no time. The guards spotted us and we sprint faster. They started shooting arrows but we dodge them.

The twins went in separate directions and I jump up. I let out a war cry taking out the hidden blades and stabbing two at once.

Ruby took out crescent rose and went into gun form. She started to shoot the guys to the left and I take out the bow and arrow shooters.

I dodge their attacks and stab two in the head. I felt an arrow graze my leg and I wince. I spun around and sped to the guy who almost shot me.

I tackle them putting a hand to his neck and slam him to the floor. I press the button of the hidden blade and the blade comes out and into his neck.

I pull away and I look around. The group ran toward us and me, Ruby and the twins took care of the guards.

Mikasa ran to me and I grab onto my leg. It was bleeding through my pants and Mikasa stops Infront of me. " Your hurt ". She said going on one knee.

" It's nothing. It's just a graze ". I said and she took out a red handkerchief. She tied it around my wound tight and I wince.

" You could've been shot with a arrow ". She said standing up and I look at her. She had a concerned face and I shrug leisurely.

" But I didn't. You have nothing to worry about ". I said softly and she grumbled. I chuckle and turn around. Ariel and Mason were at the door and I noticed writing on the wall.

" עובדים בלבד. מסיגי גבול שנכנסים ייהרגו על מראה ". Ariel and Mason read it outloud and I knew it was Hebrew. " I'm pretty sure we can slip inside without getting caught ". Mason said and the twins turn around.

" What did it say? ". Krista asked. " Employees only. Trespassers who enter will be killed on sight ". Ariel said and she and Sasha looked frightened.

" Wait. Who do you know Hebrew? ". Reiner said and they smirk. " One of the joys of being me ". They said in unison and I shake my head amused.

" Take the I.D cards. They will want to know who is entering ". Ariel said and we nod. We each grabbed one and I look at my card.

" Richard Sweets ". I said outloud. I cringe at the name and Mikasa chuckles. " Jeremy Applebottom ". She said suppressing her laughter and I snicker.

" Wow. These guys have such weird last names ". Ymir said outloud and most of us laugh. Ariel and Mason stood at side of The door and pressed a button in the panel.

" בן שבע ". Mason said holding up his I.D card. The panel scanned it and he lowered his arm " Ben Seven ". It said in a computer voice.

We each scan our I.D cards and the double doors open. We step away and when it opened all we say was a lit up hallway.

" Don't let your guard down ". Mason said and the twins walk in first. We follow after and I sigh. Why am I even thinking of Steven Universe?!?!?

" I will fight for the place where I'm free. To live together and exist as me ". Mikasa started singing using an imitation voice of garnet.

" I will fight in the name of Rose Quartz. For everything that she believed in ". I sang in pearls voice.

" I will fight for the world I was made in. The earth is everything I've ever known ". Ariel sang in amethysts voice.

" I will fight to be everything, that everybody wants me to be when I'm grown ". Mason sang in Stevens voice.

" The odds are against us, this won't be easy but we're not gonna do it alone ".