Part 24- Titans

Mikasa

I lean over the island waiting for Annie to come down stairs. Team RWBY were sitting on the tall stools and Ariel and Mason were sitting on the couch, silent.

I fiddle with my ring getting nervous. The tension in the air is thick enough to cut through. I heard footsteps and I look up to see Annie walk down the stairs but carrying a file.

She walked to me and stood next to me, putting the file down. " We never intended to tell you this. But... You already know the name so I have to explain ". She said and that got the girls attention.

" Titans resemble nude humans. They are bipedal deformed creatures. They lack skin, tissues and reproductive organs. They posses widened mouths with enormous teeth and some canines. Their primal activity is only thing, eating humans ". She said and there eyes widen.

" No one knows why but their main purpose is to kill us. They ignore animals and other life-forms. They have no intelligence and are mindless beasts who can easily be tricked or fooled ". She explained and opened the file and passed them a few pictures of Titans, Hanji experimented.

" Meet, Sonny and Bean. Sonny was a 4 meter Titan and Bean was a 7 meter Titan. Hanji experimented on them for a few days before they got killed ". She said and I slide the file to me and look through it.

" They look scary... ". Ruby said with a small voice and I nod. " That's why we never want you to see them. I don't want any abnormal or tall Titan to get you guys ". I said seriously.

" How do you kill them? ". Blake asked and I move Annie and point to the nape of her neck. " Right here. But you have to cut deep to kill them ". I said and she turned around and I move my arms.

" What's an abnormal? ". Yang asked and I growl. " They are more faster than the other Titans and don't attack humans on sight like the others. They create more damage and exhibit unpredictable behavior ". I explained using hand gestures.

" But what's a Titan shifter? ". Weiss asked and I shake my head. " You don't need to know about that... ". I said with a low voice.

" Why? ". Weiss pressed on and Annie slammed her fist on the counter making everyone jump. " It's none of your damn business! ". She yelled and I look at her.

" Annie~ ". I sang and she looked at me and her expression calmed down. She took her fist off the counter and sighed.

" Have they ever attacked before? ". Ruby asked and I froze. Marcus died in front of me... Annie was gone... Ariel broke her leg and Mason... Oh god. So many of our people killed...

My lip trembles and I shut my eyes clenching my fists. " Y-yes ". I muttered but I couldn't take it. I quickly left the kitchen and upstairs.

I went into our room and shut the door behind me. I jump on the bed and let the tears fall out. " No... ". I mumble my voice breaking.

" Never talk about that again! ". I heard Annie yell then stomps on the stairs. She eventually came in the room and slammed the door.

She sat on the bed and put her face in her hands. I sniffle and sit up " Annie? ". I said softly and she didn't do or say anything. I scoot closer to her and hugged her from behind.

" I'm sorry... ". She whispered and I lean over her shoulder. " Lay with me? ". I asked and she nodded. I scoot back and lay down.

She laid down too and turned to me. I scoot closer to her and snuggle into her. I wrap my arms around her and hid my face in the crook of her neck.

" I would never forget those days.... ". She said and I clutch her torso. " Please... ". I said with a small voice and she put her arms around me.

" I still regret it... Leaving you ". She said softly and I cry silently. " S-stop ". I said my voice above a whisper. I whimper, remembering all those months we have been apart.

" This all started with a car crash... Can you believe that? ". She said and I look up at her and her eyes showed no emotion.

" Car crash... Memory loss... I came back to you... You got kidnapped... We adopted Ariel and Mason... I married you... The Titans came... I disappeared then I came back ". She said listing all the things we've done and I sob.

" We had our wedding... We met Rain and Adam ... Levi came back... Our anniversary... I lost my memory again... I regained my memory then the Titans came back... I disappeared... My demon possessed me and I had visions of Ruby, then afterwards I went unconscious for two years ". She explained and I whimper.

" Then when I woke up and it was your fourth attempt. You almost died but you managed to survive. Everything went normal afterwards and you magically got preggers. We had Ruby and it all lead to this moment ". She explained and I sniffle.

She just explained our life story, starting at the car crash. Do you know how crazy that sounds saying those things aloud? Do it, say it out loud and it sounds crazy doesn't it?

I lift my head and she looked at me and she had tears in her eyes. She smiled at me and I stare at her. " And we're still together ". She said softly and i sniffle again.

" Yeah... ". I said and just went back to snuggling her. I smile softly now forgetting about the Titan attacks.

" There's no safer place for you than here with me ". She said embracing me and I smile stupidly. I embrace her to and sigh blissfully.

" I swear, if you say anymore quotes from Pinterest I'm gonna leave this bed ". I said half serious, half playful and she chuckled. " Ok. Ok.... Geez ". She said and I giggle.

" I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she could be. I love her and that is the beginning of everything ". She spoke and I growl.

" Ok. That's it ". I said getting up but she pulled me down and pinned me to the bed. " Like hell I'm letting you leave ". She said and I furrow my brows.

" Get off ". I said but she smirked and shook her head " No ". She said and I tried to move but she kept a good grip on me.

" Goddamnit ". I said and she chuckled. " Just accept it ". She said leaning in close to my face. I blush looking into her eyes.

" Ok ". I whispered smiling and she chuckled then kissed me. I kiss back and I smile through the kiss.

What was I sad about again?... Cause I completely forgot.