Prologue

Down in the village of Berk a little girl named Maximum Haddock was in her room drawing a picture of Toothless, her father's Night Fury.

Her father, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, was out and about in the village dealing with a fire on a viking's house.

Max dropped her charcoal pencil and climbed out the window, intrigued by the forest that lies beyond. Being five years old her father never let her wonder in the undergrowth without Toothless by her side but he was busy helping the chief.

She snuck through the chaotic village and into the forest hoping to find something extraordinary. A branch cracked behind her and she whipped around to see two dark blue eyes staring at her with curiosity.

Max recognized the shape of the dragon immediately, "Night Fury...amazing!"

The dragon of the night crept closer to her sniffing the small body of the girl. As he got closer Maximum noticed blue areas on the dragon as if they were spots but blended in with the black coloring.

The Night Fury crouched down allowing Maximum to climb on the back of the dragon.

"Shadow..." Max murmured naming the dragon.

The Night Fury purred as he took off into the midnight sky taking Max far away from her home known as Berk.

Author's Note

JaninneSudjatmiko

The idea of the sequel is credited to the person above! Thank you for the great idea!