Chapter 34

Max's POV

Dad and I walked through the village and up to our house.

"Dad I'm sorry..." I said as we entered.

"What for?" He asked.

"I should've gotten here sooner...I could've stopped them..." I murmured.

Dad stopped and put his hands on my shoulders, "No...these men were ruthless killers..."

I sighed, "So am I..."

I went upstairs and into my room. I didn't find much except the place was trashed, pictures were scattered on the floor in pieces.

I turned to leave when I saw a paper attached to the door. I ripped it off and read it.

We won't stop looking for your daughter. We'll destroy every village, every island until we find her.

The symbol signed at the bottom stood for Anarchy.

I've met these people before. Numerous times actually.

"Shadow..." I murmured showing him the note.

Oh gods...not these people again...

I came out into the hallway seeing my dad holding a leather strap with a sheath of some sort on one side.

"Here I made this for you to give to you when you got back." My father said.

I slung it over my shoulder and put the staff in the sheath.

I handed him the note, "They came here looking for me...they killed everyone looking for me..."

I went downstairs and sat at the charred table.

I put my head in my hands and whispered, "Shadow we have to leave..."

I know. But not yet.

I nodded.

Hiccup came down the stairs, "Alright. Let's go. They pretty much trashed the place."

"Dad I'm sorry...this is all my fault..." I murmured as we walked back towards the arena.

"How? You were gone for three years." He asked.

"For those ten years I lived in the wild I did some things. I found some islands that you never discovered. I met some baaaad people. These people that raided you, I don't really know who they are. But they're dangerous. They're even more dangerous when I pissed them off. I've tried to take them down but there's so many. Too many." I explained.

Dad and I got back to the arena to see Jack napping on Windspark.

I clapped my hands, "Let's get these people to the graves!" I turned to Shadow, "Go with my father. I'm gonna check out the Great Hall."

I headed up to the Hall and pushed the charred door open. The Hall was trashed just like our house and the books were all over the floor. I sifted through them and found the one I needed, Ancient Creatures & Powers. I sat down and opened to the first page.

I flipped through until I found the section, Dragon Hybrids & Other.

It has been known that hybrids existed once. Maybe still exist today. It is said that they're created by inhaling the breath of a plasma blast from a Nighr Fury and a lightning bolt from a Skrill.

Oh shit.

Combining the two creates such a deadly hybrid.

Hybrids have the abilities to heal within seconds or minutes. Though they cannot sprout wings or a tail, their senses are enhanced. It has not been proven that they can heal a loved one but hybrids become immortal and channel their energy into something of value, to share their immortality.

Their powers will not full active until a little over two years after inhaling the breath. No one has explained why the enhancements haven't shown themselves until a long time afterwards.

I closed the book and grabbed the Book of Dragons, walking out of the Hall.

Author's Note: So Max is immortal and can share it.