Chapter 1

Max's POV 10 Years Later

Shadow and I have been living on his island for ten years now. I don't remember anything from the village I was born at but I don't really care, I have Shadow. Over the years he taught me how to speak dragonease the language of the dragons. I told him one of the few things I do remember about my old home was another Night Fury with bright green eyes. But Shadow didn't recognize any Night Fury like that.

"Shadow, what village we haven't gone to yet? To help with dragons." I asked grabbing my dragon scale cloak from a hook above my bed.

Berk but they're okay with dragons now. They have been ever since Hiccup and his dragon defeated the Red Death a long time ago.

"I need to get some supplies anyway. I have to build you a new saddle and I need some more things for the forge." I climbed on the torn saddle and he took off in the direction of Berk.

Hiccup's POV

I sat in the Great Hall staring at the picture of my daughter when she was five years old just before she disappeared.

"Hiccup you can't keep staring at it every time you're sad." I hear Astrid say behind me.

"I should've kept Toothless with her. I should've stayed with her and let my mother handle it." I murmured hanging the picture back up on the wall.

Fishlegs burst through the door, "We have a visitor and you won't believe what this girl is riding!"

I glanced at Astrid and rushed out the door towards the docks.

I saw a girl with auburn hair down to her shoulders wearing a dragon scale cloak like the one I have standing next to a Night Fury.

"Oh Thor..." I muttered to myself. The girl was being surrounded by some villagers and the dragon was growling and snarling. "Give her some room!"

I pushed my way through the crowd to see her dragon wrapping his tail around her.

"Hi...are you the chief?!" She asked stepping forward.

I noticed a sword was strapped to her hip, "Yes my name is Hiccup."

"Is there somewhere quieter we could talk?!" She raised her voice over the murmurs over other vikings.

I grabbed her hand and led her towards my house at the top of the hill. Her Night Fury spread its wings keeping the villagers away.

"I thought Toothless was the only Night Fury out there. I wasn't expecting you to be riding one." I said closing the door behind me as we stepped into my house.

"I've been living with Shadow for ten years. I came here to ask for some supplies. Shadow needs a new saddle and I need more tools for the forge on our island." The girl explained.

"Do you have a name?" I asked as Toothless continued to sniff Shadow.

Max's POV

Shadow turned his head away from Toothless and snorted, he's like a child.

I giggled, "Just call me Rider."