Chapter 5

Max's POV

I led the Skrills back to my home island and wrote to Dagur saying I was going to get them battle ready. I got a letter the next morning saying to take as much time as I need but to give him weekly reports.

Hiccup's POV

"I need to go after her." I told Astrid.

It's been a few days since Max has left and I haven't told the village that she's alive.

"Let me come with you." Astrid pleaded.

"No! Max is fifteen and doesn't remember anything. I need to do this alone or we'll frighten her." I insisted whistling for Toothless.

Toothless bounded over happily and I climbed on.

"Hiccup." Astrid murmured stepping closer.

"Yeah Astrid?"

"Bring her home."

Max's POV

"Thunder we need a plan." I said gazing at all the Skrills.

The strike class dragons were gathered in the clearing where my house is.

My pack will be ready to destroy the Beserkers. You can count on us.

"Good. Thanks. Okay I'll lead on Shadow and your pack could be in V formation. Once Dagur gives the signal to attack that's when we'll turn on him and destroy his fleet." I started to pace back and forth.

Max you're pacing. Stop pacing. Shadow scolded.

What about the Outcasts?! Streak, Thunder's right hand (or in this case paw) piped up.

"You're right. That's more than we can handle. We're going to need reinforcements. More of them. The other riders on Berk won't do." I agreed.

Shadow stepped forward, I know a place. It's a dragon sanctuary. The dragons moved in to Berk but there are still so many there. We could go there.

I nodded, "Tomorrow. Right now let's just relax and get you guys settled in." I hopped on Shadow. "I'll be back."

Shadow took off to do our daily perimeter check.

I heard the flapping of wings landing on the shore of the island. I looked down to see Hiccup and Toothless walking into the woods. I pulled up my hood and Shadow dove towards them. He landed and I climbed off.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I've been looking for you. All day. There's something I should tell you." Hiccup said. "It's about your past."

I froze putting my hands on my hips, "I'm listening."

"I know your real name. I know it's not Rider." Hiccup continued on.

"How could you possibly know my name is Max?!" I snapped.

"Because your name is Maximum Haddock. And you're my daughter. That picture I gave you? It was the one YOU were drawing the night YOU disappeared." He sent a glare towards Shadow.

I gulped and slowly pulled my hood down.

"We're so much alike. We look alike. We were both taken by Night Furies. Your cloak is identical to mine and we both have swords." Hiccup added.

"Dad? Is it really you?" I finally said still shocked.

Hiccup smirked and nodded.

I jumped into his arms squeezing him in a hug, "DAD!"