Chapter 21

Max's POV

When I pulled away I punched him in the shoulder, "That's for being late!"

Hiccup chuckled, "Sorry! I spent half the morning wondering if I should go. You were pissed at me."

"It's actually really nice here. But I didn't want to go." I replied.

Jack came up and rested his hand on my shoulder, "So this is the famous Hiccup Haddock!"

Dad glanced at me and stuck his hand out, "Yeah. That's me!"

"Dad this is Jack. He's my..." I paused. "Friend. Instructor."

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow.

I nodded, "Yes Dad."

"Your daughter is quite remarkable. She's well trained already. She'll make a great chieftess." Jack complemented.

I blushed and elbowed him, "Thanks. Well come on! Can't miss the big competition!"

Jack's eyes widened as he smiled, "Hiccup you're going to love this!"

I grabbed my dad's hand and started to drag him towards the arena. I led him to a front row seat and met Jack in the arena.

There I stood next to all the other chiefs in training. Riley was the only girl but she was at the other end of the line. Jack was standing in the center across from me next to his dad. He was grinning like a goof.

"Today!" His father began. "Your children will show off their skills they learned in a few short weeks! Of course there's still over two years of training left but TODAY you will be proud of your children!"

The crowd cheered and Jack waved at me. I smirked and blushed.

Time Skip

I stood in the arena in front of Jack who was holding up a medal. Shadow and I had won the competition. It felt pretty good but I've had experience out in the wild so I knew what I was doing.

He placed the medal around my neck, "Congratulations! You did well. You did better than Riley did."

Riley sent him a playful glare.

Few Days Later (sorry I'm being lazy)

"Do you have to go?" I whined.

My dad and I were at the top of the cliff saying our goodbyes.

"A few weeks ago you didn't even wanna come here." He pointed out.

I shrugged, "Fine. You have me there. I'll see you in a few years okay?"

Dad pulled some hair behind my ear, "You'll be so different. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet."

"You sent me here." I smiled.

Dad crossed his arms, "Hilarious. Very funny."

"Alright! Time's up! You need to let your children focus!" Jack's father announced.

I groaned.

Everyone moved uneasily.

Weird.

I hugged my dad, "I'll see you soon."

"Love you kiddo. I'll tell your mother you said hi." Hiccup pulled away and let Toothless come forward.

I'll miss you. And our 'dates' in the cove.

"Awe Toothless. Come here." I outstretched my arms.

Toothless tackled me and started to lick my face, I love you Max. See you in a few years.

"Love you too bud." Toothless got off and let Hiccup climb on.

They took off.

"Soooo..." Jack said.

"So..." I replied.

"Want to go on a date? The Great Hall has a skylight and amazing food. Not to mention the music." Jack asked.

Shadow's ears perked up.

"I'd love to."