Chapter 12

Hiccup's POV

We all rushed out into the evening sun to see Max leading the dragons. The villagers gasped and glared at me. Max raised her sword and pointed forward. I jumped on Toothless and led the riders out. Beserkers and Outcasts swarmed the shore. Max winked at me and turned Shadow towards the fleet.

"Destroy their catapults first!" She yelled at the dragons.

Dagur looked up, "What are you doing?!"

"What I should've done!!!!!!" She crawled towards the tail and stood up. "Dive!"

Max's POV

Shadow dove towards the first ship and I cut lines on the catapults while he shot holes in the boat.

"Wooo!" I cheered. "Hey I'm jumping! You watch out for Hiccup!"

What?! No!

I already jumped onto another ship and started to attack the men. Shadow flew off and flanked Toothless. Thunder landed beside me, I will fight with you.

"That's the spirit!" I smiled and charged at Savage.

"Traitor!" He hissed.

"I was never with you." I retorted slicing a cut on his arm.

Thunder shot a lightning bolt at him straight to the heart, killing Savage. Alvin roared in grief. I climbed on Thunder and took to the skies ready to destroy other ships. I noticed Dagur in the cliff fighting another viking and winning.

"Down there!" Thunder flew to the cliff and spun upside down so I jumped off.

I shoved the viking out of the way and pointed my sword at Dagur.

"You traitor!" Dagur snapped.

"You know you threatened my dragon if I didn't work for you?! So I'm not really a traitor. And quite frankly you should've seen it coming!" I grinned.

Dagur chuckled and charged at me. Our swords clashed, sparks flying on the ground. I swung and he ducked but as he came up he got my elbow to the cheek. He cried out in pain and I smirked. He smiled and didn't move an inch.

Suddenly I felt a sharp searing pain across my back. I turned to Alvin holding a whip in his hand.

I glared, "Okay now that's just unfair."

I charged at Alvin, sword raised and as the whip came down I sliced it in half. I spun around, my sword going in a perfect arc leaving a large wound across Dagur's torso.

"MAX!" I heard my dad call out.

I looked up and he pointed to the fact that stars were coming out. I grinned and pulled up my hood disappearing in the night.

"Where'd she go?" Alvin demanded.

I pushed my sword into his back, the tip sticking out the other end, "I'm right here!"

I yanked my sword out and shoved his limp body to the side. Dagur charged at my position going so fast I didn't noticed him trip me. Next thing I knew his sword was pointed at my throat.

Max!

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the silhouette of Shadow land on the ground with Thunder next to him.

"I'm going to enjoy killing you." Dagur chuckled pressing the knife harder to my throat.

My fingertips grasped the hilt of my sword, "When I say go you fire everything."

Max...

Of course Dagur didn't understand what I said, "Huh?"

I plunged my sword into his chest, "NOW!"