Chapter 6

Max's POV

"Come on! I need to show you something!" I pulled Dad along into the forest towards my home. "It seems I have some explaining to do."

We came to the clearing where all the Skrills were.

My dad gasped, "Oh Thor..."

"It's a long story. After I left Berk Alvin and Dagur captured me. Dagur convinced Alvin to let me go as part of their plan. It seems that I've become Dagur's right hand man. I have to do what he says so he doesn't kill me or Shadow. I have to help him destroy Berk. I bought myself time by meeting up with my Skrill friends. They're going to pretend to be loyal until we dock on Berk and we'll destroy their ships." I explained looking at my feet.

Dad lifted my chin, "Hey it's okay. I would've done the same to keep Toothless alive."

Thunder nudged me and I rubbed his head, "Hey boy...oh Dad this is Thunder. The leader of the Skrill pack in this area."

Thunder bowed and licked my father's hand.

"An entire pack of Skrills. I've never seen so many." My dad awed at the pack.

Toothless was chasing Shadow around the pack. I giggled and shook my head.

"Well when you're a chief you don't have time to explore the world. I however, that's all I do." I smiled.

"So you've been living here?" Hiccup wondered gazing around the clearing.

"For ten years. Shadow said that this was his home. So I built a house." I replied.

"It's wonderful." He grinned.

"Uh Dad...I think you should go. I have a lot to do to prepare for this war I'm about to start. I need to get more dragons." I murmured nervously.

"Let me help." He pleaded.

I shook my head, "I can't. He wants you Dad. He wants Berk."

"Fine." He sighed in defeat.

"Look there's something else. The Outcasts and the Beserkers have teamed up. There's a huge fleet coming for Berk soon. Prepare the village but be subtle otherwise it'll set off alarms." I replied.

Hiccup hugged me, "Be careful."

"He's coming." I whispered in his ear.

We pulled away and he whistled for Toothless to come over.

"Max I promise you that you will come home." My father climbed on Toothless and looked at me sadly.

"I know Dad. I'll make this right." I smiled and pulled up my hood walking away.

I heard Toothless take off back in the direction of Berk.

"Did you know I came from Berk?" I glared at Shadow.

He lowered his head, no. I was wandering in the forest looking for food. Then I found you and I wanted to take care of you because you were alone and lost and scared.

I crossed my arms and started to walk around the pack, "Let's get started!"