Chapter 15

Max's POV

The next morning I climbed down the stairs into the kitchen. Toothless bounded over and rubbed against me.

"Hey bud. I missed you too." I murmured.

"Breakfast is ready!" My dad slid three plates across the table.

I sat down and started to eat.

"Hey I know you just got back from the dead. But could you do me a favor?" Hiccup asks.

"What kind of favor?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Can you take the gang out to train? You're probably more experienced than me. And they could use some outside techniques." He continued.

"Heeeey!" Mom whined.

"I'd love to. Have them meet me at the Academy." I finished my breakfast and took off.

I found the Academy pretty easily and waited for everyone else. I sat back against Shadow and closed my eyes.

Time Skip

"Max!" Someone yelled. "Wake up!"

"We should set her on fire. Oooh that'd be cool!" Someone else said.

I opened my eyes, "If you set me on fire I WILL kill you." I stood up so I got inches from them. "And I won't feel any remorse because I've done it before."

"Alright be nice Max." Fishlegs pulled me away. "That was Tuff. And you already know Snotlout. And the female that looks just like Tuff is Ruff. They're twins."

"Alright let's go. We're heading to the sea stacks." I climbed on Shadow and took off.

Once we got to the sea stacks I landed on the first one.

"Now!" I clapped to get everybody's attention. "I know you've been through the stacks before but what I'm about to show you is going to be even more difficult than anything my father has showed you."

Snotlout's eyes widened and my mother grinned with pride.

"You ready Shadow?" He looked up at me and gave me a gummy smile. "Come to the edge and watch carefully."

The others got off their dragons and walked to the edge. Shadow took off and pulled into a steep dive. I carefully unclipped myself and crawled to the tail. I stood up and raised my arms in victory.

"WOOOOOO!" I cheered.

Shadow gently pulled up and flicked me back on the saddle. He landed back on the sea stack with ease.

Snotlout's jaw dropped, "Why should we listen to you anyway?"

I swung my leg over and stomped over to him. I got right in his face and glared, "Because my father gave me the order to train you. So you better listen because we both have experience from out there." I pointed to the 'great beyond'.

I walked away and waited for someone to go. My mother smirked and took off.

I spent the next few hours instructing my dad's friends how to fight from the tail.

"Alright that's enough for today. You guys made great progress today. Remember the most important thing about tail surfing is trusting your dragon to keep you steady." I said.

Everyone took off except for my mother.

She put a hand on my shoulder, "You did good today. You coming?"

"Nah. Shadow and I are gonna hang out here for a while." I sat down against Shadow and watched my mother leave.