Chapter 3

We arrive at the café 5 minutes later and we go to the counter and order. (It's pretty much a Starbucks panera bread type place) I got a hot chocolate and so did Blake and we both got a regular Mac and cheese.

"Thanks for brining me here," I say once we sit in our booth.

"Anytime. Have you ever been here before?" He asks.

"No I either eat at family's, friends, or the cafeteria," I say and take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"Really!?" He asks shocked.

"Yep this is the only restaurant I've gone to, in a long time. I remember my mom told me about this time I went to a restaurant but I was two," I say.

"That is a pretty long time," he says.

"Yes it is," I say.

"Order 103!" A worker says over the intercom.

"I'll be right back," Blake says getting up and heading to the counter. I can't believe I'm actually on a date. I mean I'm 13 and I'm me. Claire prior-Pedrad- Eaton. My dads name is prior but was really Pedrad then my "adoptive" dads last name is Eaton. I'm just a confusing person.

"Here you go," Blake says setting the tray on the table.

"Thank you," I say.

"And since you bought one of the cheapest items on the menu which I bet you did on purpose we are going to the bakery after this," he says.

"You don't have to Blake this is fine," I say taking my bowl.

"It's fine I want to," he says.

"Ok," I say.

"I heard you and my sister talking about going to a party tomorrow," Blake says taking a bite of his food.

"Yep it's Oliver's it's a Christmas party type thing," I say.

"Sounds fun," he says.

"It does unless you are dragged their by your best friend who will ditch you to hang out with her crush," I say and take a bite of Mac and cheese.

"How about I go with you so you won't be alone," he says resting his arms on the table.

"That sounds wonderful," I say.

"Look at that you've already got yourself a second date," he says.

"I guess I do," I say. We finish are Mac and cheese and walk to the bakery. He grabs my hand while we were walking and intertwine our fingers together.

"What do you want to get?" Blake asks as we enter the bakery.

"How about some cake," I say with a really big smile. I still really love cake.

"I should've known," he says and we head to the counter.

"Hi how may I help you?" The worker asks with a very big smile. I think they are amity or had some bread.

"Two slices of dauntless cake please," Blake says.

"That'll be 6 credits," the lady says and Blake takes his hand out of mine and gives her 6 credits. The lady gives us two pieces of cake and we go sit at a small table.

"Thanks again," I say and take a bite of cake.

"You don't have to say thank you and besides I know you love cake so I though it would be a nice date," he says

"It's my be my first but this one will be hard to beat," I say taking. A bite off his cake.

"Hey you got your own," he says.