Chapter 9

I take the boys to a table towards the back and get them their breakfast. I grab scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and milk on trays and take them back to the table.

"Dig in," I say and take a seat next to Jackson. I get him a small plate and myself one too.

"Where mom and dad?" Jackson asks.

"They had to go to work buddy," I say and take a bite of my eggs.

"Claire can we go to the arcade after this?" Colin asks.

"I'm not really in the mood for anything today," I say.

"Then can Blake take us?" Henry asks.

"Umm no he's busy today," I say playing with my food. Whenever I invited K over to my house while I babysat my brothers, Blake would usually come to keep the boys company. Henry and Colin grew fond of Blake quickly.

"Can we still ask him though," Keiynan says.

"I'll call him and ask," I say and pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts and click on blakes and press my phone to my ear.

"Hey Claire," Blake says once he picked up the phone. He sounded rather surprised to hear me.

"Hey Blake," I say.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I was wondering if you could take Henry, Colin, and Keiynan to the arcade today I mean if you can't that's fine we'll find something else to do but my brothers would love it if you-," I say but get cut off by Colin.

"Stop blabbering you love struck baboon," Colin says.

"I'm just saying," I say feeling heat rise up to my cheeks.

"I can take them to the arcade. Where are you guys at right now?" He asks.

"We are in the cafeteria. Back left table I'll stand up," I say.

"I was just heading there so be there in a minute," Blake says and hangs up. I flatten down my sweater and stand up.

"She is distracted by love Colin I don't know how long i can watch this," Henry whispers.

"Same," Colin says and they both laugh from their inside joke.

"Hey guys," Blake says heading over to our table with a fray in his hands.

"Hey," I say. Blake sets his tray down and we share a quick hug before he and I sit. Blake sat right next to me and I could feel his hand resting on his knee brushing against my leg.

"You can take us to the arcade?" Henry asks.

"Ya," Blake says glancing at me.

"Claire said you were busy," Keiynan says.

"Oh um I cleared plans with my dad just for you guys," Blake says knowing why I lied to them.

"Really?!" Colin asks in shock.

"Yep know you better hurry up before I finish," he says and eats his eggs

"Thanks for taking them," I say.

"No problem," he says. Soon they all stand up and I follow and they all give me hugs and Blake gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Blake!" I whisper yell.

"I told you his would be hard," he says and leaves with three of my brothers.

"What shall we do today Jack?" I ask Jackson.

"Let's go home I wanna sleep," he says and I chuckle and put him in my back.

"Let's go home then," I say and wrap my arms underneath his legs.