Chapter 38

"Hey guys," I call out as I enter my families house. I hear a few hi's back.

"Hey munchkin," dad says as he kisses my head, and he then walks back into the kitchen.

I follow him with Skye and Carter right behind me. I notice that Keiynan and my dad are both eating cake that is sitting on the counter. I cross my arms over my chest and wait for the two to notice me. Keiynan sees me and gives me a small smile. "Want some?"

I shake my head at him before I ruffle his hair. He swats at my hand and I kiss his cheek to make him even more mad. "Did mom just feel like making cake today?"

"I actually made this," dad says as he wipes off his mouth. "Your mom just doesn't know I did."

"Is she home?" I ask and dad shakes his head.

"She is out with Uriah and Zeke," dad tells me. "They had to go over to grandma and grandpas."

"Is Jackson here?"

"Yeah he is with Henry in his room," dad say and I thank him.

I tell Carter to wait while I get Jackson. Dylan and Colin were with the two as well. I tell Jackson to put on his shoes and jacket before I go downstairs. Dad is talking to Carter about who knows what while Skye has her arms wrapped around Carter's leg. Keiynan never went away from the cake. I go over to dad and Carter and dad smiles at me.

"You never said you were taking Jackson out today," dad tells me and I shrug.

"Dad I'm taking Jackson for a couple hours. Don't worry I'll bring him back here," I smile and dad rolls his eyes at me.

"Thanks for the notice," dad says before turning to Keiynan.

"Just go eat the cake dad," I laugh before grabbing Jackson's and Carter's hands. Carter has picked up Skye who is being really shy around my family. I smile at the two before we walk out of the house. "Carter, you know how the lady at the store thought Skye was our child?"

"Yeah and I just went along with it," he replies.

"Do I really look old enough to be a mom?" I ask him and he chuckles.

"You don't look old, you look like a seventeen year old," he laughs. "Besides I'm only a couple years older than you."

"I know that but I'm more important," I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"Claire, are you and Carter going to be like mommy and dad?"

I look down at Jackson a little confused. "What do you mean?"

"Be all lovey and have kids?" He asks and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"That depends on how close we get," I reply not really knowing how to answer.

"I think they will Jackson," Skye speaks up. I see Carter with a small smile on his face while the two kids laugh.

"He seems better than Blake," Jackson whispers up to me.

"We'll have to wait and see," I tell him before we arrive at the arcade. Skye squirms out of Carter's hands and tries to run off. I keep a hold on Jackson while Carter keeps a hold on Skye.

"We have to get tokens first," Carter tells them and the groan. I smile at the two excited kids as we go over the the token machine.