Chapter 30

"Claire Eaton! Wake up!" 

I groan and roll on to my stomach. I grab my pillow and put it over my head. I hear the person who just yelled at me sigh, and I smile into my blanket.

"If you don't wake up, I'll make sure that you won't get any cake for the rest of the week."

I roll back onto my back and glare at the person who is standing at the foot of my bed. What a shocker, it's K. I throw my pillow at her, and it hits her right in the face. I grin as she glares at me. I sit up and smile at her. She throws the pillow back at me, but I catch it. 

"I really am not in the mood C, so please get dressed and let's go eat," K tells me and I swing my legs off the bed and stand up. 

I grab some clothes before I go to the bathroom. I get out of my pajamas and take a shower. I wash my hair and body, before I get out. I grab a towel and dry off, before I grab another one for my hair. I grab my clothes, which consisted of black joggers and a baggy long sleeve purple shirt. I brush my hair and put it up in a bun. I brush my teeth real fast before I put on light makeup. Just some foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and some lipgloss. 

I leave the bathroom and head back to my room to grab my phone. I grab black tennis shoes. I run downstairs and see K sitting in the couch on her phone.

"Okay we can go get breakfast now," I tell her and she gets off the couch. 

"Thank the lord," K sighs. "I really want some pancakes."

I roll my eyes and put my phone in my pocket. I open the door and she walks out behind me. "So how's Robbie?"

"He has been cranky," K complains. "They have been making him go to so many factions for work, it's driving him crazy."

"I'm glad I haven't been working that long," I say and K nods.

"Just don't say anything about loving your job to Robbie, he'll go insane."

"I won't," I tell her. "Now why are you so cranky today?"

We turn down the hall way and I look over at K. "It's kind of late."

I'm confused for a minute, before it finally hits me. "It's fine K! Everything will be okay."

"Claire this is really scary, I don't know what to do," K almost whispers. "I'm only seventeen."

"My mom was sixteen," I tell her and she just glances up at me. "Plus you aren't even positive you are."

"I'm pretty positive though," she mutters. 

"Well I'll always be right here," I tell her and she gives me a small smile. "Now lets get some pancakes."

We arrive at the cafeteria, and we both go up to get our breakfast. I get french toast, eggs, and hash browns. K gets the same as me, except for the french toast. She obviously gets pancakes. We go over to the table next to my family, and start to eat. 

"So is Robbie at work?" I ask her as I take a bite of eggs.

"He should be here, today is one of the few days where he doesn't work," K says and I set my fork down. "Now questions for you."

"What type of questions?" I ask and K smiles.

"Your boy drama duh!" K exclaims in a duh tone.

"What boy drama? I don't have any boy drama," I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Of course you do! I mean you are hanging out with Carter freaking Lee, but now Blake isn't with Ellie anymore," K tells me.

"Blake and I don't have anything anymore," I tell her and she just raises an eyebrow at me. "I'm seeing Carter now. We have a date tonight."

"I know, we got you a sexy ass dress last night," K smiles. "The real question is who you like better." 

"That is not a fair question," I tell her and she smirks at me. 

"That also isn't an answer to my question."

"How am I supposed to know? I just met Carter a few days ago, and Blake broke my heart," I tell her and she just looks at me.

"You do know, you just aren't for sure," K tells me and I glance at her. 

"Can we not talk about this now?" I whisper and she sighs. 

"Sorry," K tells me and I finish off my eggs. "We have to go to the store after breakfast though. I have to make sure."

"Make sure of what?" Robbie says as he comes over and kisses K's cheek. 

"That we have enough milk at the house," K smiles. "A certain Eaton over there wants to make cake, which needs a lot of milk."

"Can't you just buy one?" Robbie asks as he sits down.

I roll my eyes and put on a fake smile. "It's not the same."

"I've never been a huge fan of the cake," Robbie shrugs and I glare at him.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," I hiss as I set my fork on my plate.

K rolls her eyes and Robbie just stares at me. I smirk as I eat my french toast. We all eat our breakfast, occasionally laughing at my family. Of course it's mostly Uncle Zeke and Uncle Uriah. After they finishing eating they come and sit next to me. 

"We met your little friend last night," Uncle Uriah smirks and I finish chewing my food before I look up at the two.

"Carter? You were with them training last night?" I ask and they both nod.

"He has a hell of a right hook," Uncle Zeke laughs as his hand goes to his jaw. 

"Well that's a fun fact," I say and Uncle Zeke gives me a fake smile. 

"He is a good guy, and he could give your dad a run for his money," Uncle Zeke laughs.

"Carter Lee?" Robbie asks and I nod at him.

"He told us about the date tonight," Uncle Uriah tells me. "If he does anything just tell us."

"They may not do me any good, if he has a hell of a right hook," I joke and K and Robbie laugh. 

"Goodbye mini me," Uncle Uriah says as he flips my pony tail. 

"See ya later little one," Uncle Zeke smiles at me. 

I smile up at my uncles and tell them goodbye. 

A/N Sorry this chapter was mostly a filler!!!!!!!!