Part 29 - " My friend "

Elsa :

I saw what happened inside ;
Millions of shattered ice pieces were spreaded on the floor of the main entrance, playing with the sunrise that got inside, like million shining stars which surrounded........ Jack.
He was in the middle of it all, spinning like a real northern wind, with his stick that glowed in blue ice colour where his grip on it was,
Shattering icicles in his hight to pieces with a real talent as he creates more and more of them around him with the hand that was free.

He turned around again to shatter another icicle, then held the high stick in both of his hands and shattered the last icicle from the point that was supposed to be a normal man's throat.

Then he saw me;
Standing in the main entrance almost petrified of the furious site of him fighting.
I looked at his weapon;
A long tree branch that was like surrounded by blue veins of ice magic where he held it in his hand, and curved in the end with a ice covering from the inside of the curve that made it look like a scimitar in the end of the stick.

As he understood why I was panicked, he got his expression softer and happyer to see me.

He stared at me with a visible pleasure and affection, while I was afraid of the weapon in his hand, and didn't noticed my fears at all for a few seconds until he woke up from that mood he was in and automatically hit the floor with the bottom of his stick one time so the sharp, icy part of the spearhead will fall apart.

I relaxed a bit when he was out of gun and finally remembered how to breave as he stared at me for a second more, leaning on his weapon,
A smile growing on his face and the sunshine behind him surrounding him almost like a halo.

We both couldn't get our eyes off each other's image.

-"Hello Elsa! Sorry.....did I frightened you?" He asked when we woke up from that magical moment, a bit embarrassed by the fact that he stared at me like that and that I saw him fighting in such a brutal way, I suppose, even tho I thought he did it wonderfully!

-"No! No, not at all.
You did it wonderfully....." I said although I didn't thought he will appreciate my opinion, after all I don't know how to fight that well.
'I have another type of skills' as he said this morning.
"Please, continue Jack, I don't want to interrupt you." I said while smiling honestly.

-"No, no I don't want to interrupt you!
And your presence isn't bothering me at all it's.......... it's actually very nice."

-"Really?" I asked innocently.

-"Sure!
I actually prefer you'll stay and watch me training if you think that I fight so good, or that I'll teach you some of my strategies and you'll have your opinion on it."
He looked more than exited of the idea as his eyes winded.
And then continued:
"But, I know you're quite busy and  need your space, so you can go if you are afraid of weapons, knifes and war training or..........whatever." His smile disappeared when he mentioned me leaving.

-"No, no. I am not afraid at all you just surprised me.
You learned to walk again only this morning and over sudden you fight successfully......
I am happy for you."

-"Alright then." He answered as the worried expression for my fears, was replaced by a smirk, like there is something incorrect of what I said.

I didn't understood but got back to reality as I asked him, interested:

-"How did you do it?" I asked him, interest of his fighting methods.
and ood spear as I took the weapon too gently for it's using, which looked a bit ridiculous to Jack.
He laght.

- " No,
This weapon is a bit risky for a lady."
He took the stick from my unsuccessful imitation for his grip on it when he fought.

-"I...." He said with a bit naughty ton before he continued explaining his suggestion.
"Would recommend a sharper and shorter weapon than this for you,Elsa." He gestured to his weapon.
"It takes a lot of strength to use this on a battle." He said proudly.
Suddenly, he had an idea -
He gathered the ice shreds with a blue magic and created a high, thin snow pile of them, and hand over a small ice knife he created with a snap of a finger to me.

He looked at me, with a smile, as if he must do it one more time as long as I am next to him, before I go, and quickly created one of his own to demonstrate how to throw it so I will hit the snow pile.
He hit stright in the middle and rushed to re - built it when he said:
"Now, is your turn."

He bowed towards me, and gestured on the place he just threw his knife at.
I consitrated and tried to do exactly as he did, yet the knife dropped only a half of the snow pile because it hit it's side.

-"Do you wanna exchange?"
I told him, hiding my frustration of not managing to do what he did, with a sneaky, sefisticated look as I took the spear from his grip.

He surrounded himself with my gown as a comment to my deeds,
and blinked his eyes fast like a woman, trying to imitate me.

Wow,
he really got out of that apathetic, cold mood he was in the first days. That's actually nice...........
I laght from the improvement in his mood and of the unsucssful imitation of me.

As a reply, I turned around to create a thrown for him . If he wants to start this, let's take it all the way off at least
He turned around to my side to see what I was doing and saw that big, icy armchair raising up from the floor as he walked forwards it ,forgetting about my gown , interested and tempted to sit
on it.

As he sat I created an ice crown that appears on his head, proud, with the tree branch in his hand.
It matched him as much as it matched me holding that knife.

He indicate me to turn around, and I bowed and did as he said as a part of the play.
Even tho we were only playing, my heart beating grew faster when I waited for what he will do.

-"We are enough wonderful the way we are."
He said with his deep comforting voice as I opened my eyes and a light, cool and fast wind picked me up from the floor as it spinning around me and taking me up and then landing me on the same throne yet it looked different like someone changed it's look to a more feminine one.

Then I focused on who did that wonderful thing just for me - Jack.
I followed his eyes as the mixed wind and ice got me down on the throne, gently and watched him kneeling like a knight as a ice roman-style helmet, ice shield, and the end of his stick became that icy, curved spear again.

I can feel his affection for me, and I only hope that he can feel mine towards him.
What if he does feel the same?

I thought and felt more joyful than I can remember myself being in a whole year, and said:
"I think that the gurdian job is still empty." I said with a smile that must have contained pure happiness.

-"So will my queen honour me with the pleasure of filling it?" He asked politely with a small grin.

-"You are filling it Jack, and you do it wonderfully my friend." I said as I smiled at him with all the energy and charm I had.

Yet something ood was showed on his face when I said "my friend" -
Sadness and disappointment.
But why?

I changed my expression because I couldn't understand, when he noticed he tried to smile faintly for me, unsucssfully again.

'I can't see him broken like this.'
My heart said.
I came down from my throne,
he looked at me, a bit surprised then took off the ice made roman helmet, with that siruse, cold look that I used to see.
But I like him! Cold or not cold.

I caress his cheek softly as I smiled and when I did that
He smiled back.