Part 42 - Don't you dare touch her

Jack:

I repeated our routine in the last two weeks together in the base.

I just got out of my training exorcise and left the training room towards the tent.

My shoulder ached so I touched it, trying to heal it. It helped some.

I got close to the tent and heared Elsa humming a song silently ,while braiding her hair.

I came in and hugged her when she didn't noticed me getting in the house.
She giggled, asking me of my day and me asking of her's.

As we talked I suddenly heared murmurs of a crowd , surrounding our house.
-'What is this?' I lost concentration on the conversation and looked behind my shoulder.
Turn in to get out of the tent.
The whispers got louder.

I moved the textile door of the tent ,and saw a whole lot of people surrounding out whole tent and especially the
entrance.

My jaw dropped slightly.
-"Jack!"
I heared Santa's rusty voice roaring at me angrily.

It was literally the whole camp surrounding my tent.
-"Jack , what's going on?"

Elsa ,came out of the tent and frowned.
Oh, this is even more stressful.

-'What am I supposed to do?'
I thought stressfully as Elsa almost turned back to the tent, before-

-"Queen Elsa! Queen Elsa!"
A whole bunch of ten children came out of the crowd, hopping towards her as she couldn't help but smiling, as they tried to reach her hight with their little feet as, they cheered.

Until over sudden Santa shouted something at the mob and the parents called their children back.
-"Oh! Oh." The kids sighed in disappointment as their parents took them and they both got swallowed in the crowd meekly.
One kid ,still staring at Elsa as she waved at him.

The kids got away and the men in the crowd got their pitchforks out and shouted boo.
-"Don't dare getting close to her or hurt her.
I swear by the moon I will beat you all down!" I roared as they let Santa get to the space between us and the mob to talk when I got out my staff and made it glow.

-"Jack! What are you doing?" He asked furiously and I backed off slightly, and stood in a stable position ,as I got Elsa behind my back with my hand ,gently.

-"What does Queen Elsa doing in your tent?" He roared as he pointed at her.
-"Explain to us!" A man from the crowd shouted and everyone echoed him as one.

"Is it your business? I protect you wvery day and I can't have some freedom of my own? You thankless tribe! " I shouted back in anger.

-"Yha, Yha. Keep telling us to get back to our own things!
I'm just trying to help to a friend! A 'hero'!" A man in the crowd continued.
" How is it even possible? How? Jack you can't breake your vow. You can't feel!"
A woman in the crowd shouted.

I looked angrily at all of the crowd when meanwhile Elsa backed off, sceared.
-" This man was the first to get out this information after he came back from he fight! Like all of us!" Santa roared and waved his hands at the crowd.

-"Yes , that's what he calls duty!" Another man shouted above them all.

-"This wasn't a good corse! It was a chance for him to spy me and Elsa to see if you can catch me doing something unlegal! He insulted me after all I have done to you!" I screamed back at them.

"Yes! We should know how things work! We can't always trust our leaders as long as we're not winning!
You always act suspiciously! I bet it was since she has arrived.
I bet you've been hiding her with you in this bed for weeks!" The man shouted as they all got quieter and pointed at her.

-"She has nothing to do with my duties and oats!" I retorted.
-" What Jack?! She has nothing to do with what?" The man's eyes got bloodshot.
-"You son of a-!" I almost cursed him so badly, no one has ever heared such things.

Everywhere was panic.
-"Stay down. Stay down solider." Santa ordered someone to calm him down. Before he attacks me out of rage anyways.

He came closer to me and put his huge hands on my shoulders to not let me come back know at the man.
I relaxed for a moment.

-"People! I'm not your enemy!
The enemy is at the centre of the north pole! And he has great power! Let's calm down! Let us help each other." I shouted it will be heared to every man in there then the people left to their homes.

When almost everyone left, Santa came close to me and spoke.
-"Jack. Since when is she here?" He asked with concern.

-"A few days."
-"Why did you hide her?" He rose his eyebrows with worry.

-"I don't want her to get hurt. I won't let you use her to win this war." I retorted truthfull and silenced for a moment. "She makes me..."

Santa frowned and then understood and asked me in stress.
-"Jack!"

-"What?" I asked impatient.
-"Do you love her?" He dwelled over the words to be clear.

I inhaled deeply and talked.
-"In the beginning she was only a mission.
I had to get her the letter and lead her to a secure place.
Now she's not.
She is more than just a mission or a partner or a friend:
I am in love with queen Elsa."

-"Jack. You know that is a break of your vow. Regardless t the fact she is a queen and you are common.
You can refuse to listen, but the moon will give it's punish!
You may even die tomorrow!
What will we do
if the moon's property doesn't exist?"

I turned my back to him rubbing my forehead.
-"It may. But now , I can love. I will take my chance."

I got in the tent and left.
-"Jack , Listen. I will go to the temple of the moon. I will pray for you and ask for the moon's permitting.
Tho I am sure it's not good. I will do this for you, Jack.
You're our best fighter."
He said and stopped me on my way to the tent.

I heared it and smiled a small smile at him.
-'No matter how this ends. It will end when I'm with Elsa.
But not today.
Not today.'