Part 33 - The green aurora

Elsa :

The next days were pretty quiet after that day he protected me from the Chituri soldier, at least that is the way he always referred him.
I wanted to thank him so much all times, but I didn't know how.
He looks so brave and protective and nice....sometimes all kinds of thoughts getting in my mind of him and I instantly smile like a fool.

He always watched me leave and come. He was careful about me and when I left he would often come with me to see the outside he hadn't seen so long.
He seemed very interested when he saw the outside for the first time since he first showed up at my door:

-"Oh man! It's good to be here again!"
He said to himself as the cold wind of winter brushed his face.
-"Who is that man you are taking too?" I asked.

-"No one, just a form of talk." He turned on his heels towards me and rubbed the back of his neck for non.
I love when he does that he looks so cute!

I blushed and we went on a couple of metres until he asked:
"Would you like to go to a special place?"
- " What kind of a place?"
He smiled at me wickedly, as his eyes lit. He held me bride style and, got his magical tree walking stick stable while floating on the ground.

-' No. He is not gonna- ' I thought of the ridiculous option while it actually happened:
"Jack, don't-!" I screamed at him and we flew right up to the sky.
I closed my eyes of the fear and held him closely almost so I won't fall but, after two minutes - out of one he was laughing at loudly I must say - I felt lighter and that we are flying in a constant velocity. Oh! We're in the sky!

He smiled knowingly at me when he saw the surprise on my face ,and I enjoyed the cold air that brushed my face.
Opening my arms to it and welcoming the fast wind, howling in my ears and laugh.
He looked at me lovingly as I opened my eyes and we landed.

There was an icy floor there.
Only after he got away and started skating around me like a satellite, in addition to poking me wherever he could while doing it, I realised he took me for an ice skating.
He turned around me for the last time and stopped to face me:
" You won't fall in here, would you? "

I raised an eyebrow, smiling:
"I am walking on ice heels all day, I'm sure I can handle walking her-!"
I slipped in the first step clumsily and he caught me:
"I guess I'll stay right here."
I giggled.
- "Okay."
We danced on the ice and after he turned me around and the dance was over, I looked in his blue icy eyes.
Oh! How I love those!
I blushed shyly and then Jack called:
"You know what Elsa? I wish I could stay here forever."
-"Why? Are all the snowflakes and ice appealing you?" I asked.

-"Every pail - white snowflake, every ice with sharp curve and every frozen lake like the blue eyes I s-."
He said while he was crassing my cheek and looked deep into my eyes then stopped in the middle in an odd way.
-"I only wish I could stay!"
He said sadly and lowered his head then became silent for a moment.
-"Tell me I can stay Elsa, please tell me I can."
He usually said such things that I didn't recognised their meaning because they had a doubled one.

I looked at his eyes and said:
"You can if you want to."
I comfort that icy blue pair of eyes he had and he smiled to me and said:
"At least for now I can."

He woke up very early, to train in the first sunlight or checking me out in the mornings when he thought I slept but didn't know I was already awake, just to secretly see that smile he has while looking - he was afraid that something will happen to me I guess.
Though I don't know why he usually came to see me.

At night, his bed looked a little messy, like he was turning from side to side all night long, worried.
I could see this in his eyes, they could never lie. So does that glint on their deep blue colour, when he saw me coming towards him every time ,or just when we talked, sitting closely and laughing.
Like that one time we talked in the patio:

-"Did you notice the air got a little more clear?" He asked me, looking at the landscape.
-"Maybe, somehow." I shyly looked sideways to avoid the embracing explanation.
I felt his gaze was on me before he cupped my face.
-"Elsa, I know you, and you know me.
Tell me." His smile was stuck to his face, encouraging me and lighting all of me like a sunlight that just shown up in Earth.

I sighed with imitated defeat;
"I think it got so cold in here because of my stormy emotions lately, so it's kind of good to see things go better."
-"Elsa, explain me one thing, why is that it should be you guilty of everything in your opinion?"

I laugh sarcastically;
"Everything."
And imitated him sarcastically as he walked backwards and leaned on the edge of the veranda.
-"Yes like, you are not guilty of a tree branch which breaks or what happened to me for example."
He played with a snowflake he caught in the wind and played with it, looking to the side ways.
-"What? That crash you had?"
-"What crush? It's more than just a crash for me, Elsa!" He asked tensed and serious over sudden.
This was another time I didn't think we are talking on the same thing.

-"No, you silly! I'm talking about that time you crashed that Chituri soldier flying machine and lost conscious by my house."
He relaxed his tensed shoulders, while I saw a pink print forming on his flat and cold cheeks.
He laugh nervously too and got a hand through his messy hair.
-"Oh, yeah. That crash."
I laugh a little bit.

"No, I am talking about the story of my life. But yes ,that was a great moment too."
He smiled.

-"But it's a good thing to be such a kind-of-a-superhero in your life. Isn't it?"

-"I don't know, I won't call it 'sweet suger' being a 'superhero'.
Except that, I'm not a superhero or anything.
I just wanna be your hero."
Jack walked towards me and kissed my hand, then set next to me.

-"So why are your powers a curse for your opinion?"
-"Why are yours a curse for you, Elsa?"
He looked at me a bit coldly and something hard went through his icy eyes.
"I can't feel."

-"Yes, but you can....."
-"No. I can't Elsa. And it's not gonna get any better."
He sighed:
"I can't feel . I can't hug, I can't be happy or high, I can't be foolish, I can't be mad, I can't be scared, I can't be brave, I can only be a war machine everybody will be proud of!
I can't like or love. It's forbidden!
I can't feel the warmth of a woman against my frozen heart."
He wasn't able to look in my eyes as he tried to conquer his sad expression.

"If I wasn't loyal to the rules-!
I swear, I would have already been an alcoholic. I am not real. I'm not natural. I - I can't be -"

-"Don't say that Jack." I cut him off and made him look at me.
" You can feel.
I saw how better you got since the day you came."
I hugged him and smelled his sweater secretly when he hugged me back.

-"See, you can feel whatever you want to and to who you want to. There are no directions for such things. No rules. It's the thing which will always stay pure."
I smiled with all charm I can effect someone with and he smiled to as his eyes lit until...

Boom!
An unnatural sound of an unknown recourse came right ahead of us from the north making a big blast of a green lightning that went up to the sky striking down a few places around it and disappearing as fast as it came, staying only green aurora in the sky where it came from.