We Meet Again

Struggle always follows after a tragedy.

January 22, 2012

Anastasia's 17th Birthday Party

I let out an exhausted sigh once our house maids, Marian and Jolie, helped me set the rest of my party up. My parents will be here soon to congratulate me. They went on a private jet vacation to the Virgin Islands, but luckily they will be back before my party is over.

"My God Ana, I can not believe you're finally turning seventeen. It's about time you joined the rest of us." My best friend Malina barged into the waltzing room and I smiled when she collapsed into my arms.

"I missed you babe."

"I missed you too, M. It's been so quiet at our school without you." Malina had just returned from her trip to to San Francisco because her parents had sent her to some random boarding school.

"I know, you missed me. And so did these two." She walked over to Mariam and Jolie, hugging them and turning back to me.

"Your guests are arriving early."

I gasped and clapped, walking out of the waltzing room and towards the front door. Once I opened it, all of my cheerleader friends came barging in, congratulating me and telling me gossip that I didn't get to hear for missing school today.

But before I could close the door, more and more people came into my house, making me smile. Did I even invite half of these people?

Then the football team arrived and they had brought alcohol. Even though I'm strictly forbidden to drink it, maybe a small glass won't kill anyone.

After the rest of the people, some uninvited, arrived, the party was ready to start. I pumped up some music, and I passed around some red solo cups, and I decided to make this a well-remembered party.

I went to walk to my room with Malina, but many people were on the stairwell and I couldn't use that entrance. So we had to go out the front door and climb up the side of the wall.

"Bring it on!" Malina yelled after I told her the plan.

When we walked outside, she started laughing uncontrollably and she pushed me into the bushes surrounding the door. She was more tipsy than I thought.

"Anastasia Greene?" I looked to the driveway and frowned.

"I need to speak with you."

I wiped the leaves off of my party dress and heard Malina cry out, "Who's this hunk?"

I rolled my eyes and then looked back to the voice. "Did I invite you to my party?"

"We met last year. I'm Gina and," He trailed off and closed his eyes. "And Nicholas Styles' son, Harry. And I have some bad news."

"Well by all means. Tell someone who cares. I have a party to attend to, and from what I know of you, I don't want to know anymore. You utterly and completely disrespected me." I rolled my eyes and he walked closer to me.

"I was drunk. I'm sorry. But I am not normally like that. And not to ruin your mood or your party or anything, but I think you need to hear what I have to say." He had affection and sadness painted on his expression and I sighed, nodding my head.

"Come, let's go inside." I dragged Malina behind me and Harry followed after me, and I shoved the people on the stairs out of the way.

When we reached my room, I reluctantly let him in.

Malina and I sat down on my bed and he transferred from the other side of the room to standing in front of me.

"Do you trust me, Anastasia?" His words made my brows knot together.