Grand Tour

Home is where the heart is.

January 24, 2012

A New Home

"Miss Greene?" I heard a small voice and brought my knees up to my chest, bringing the warm blanket over my head.

"Headmaster Styles is Angry. It's already nine-fifteen." Angry?

I pulled my blanket off of my head and sat up.

"Can you wait outside for five minutes so I can get dressed? That would mean a lot Haley." I stood up and she nodded her head, stepping out of my room.

I went to open my suitcases, but I figured he wouldn't be that mad if I put on something he put in my closet. So I walked over to the closet and opened it. I pulled out a red halter-top and a black, material skirt.

Once I slipped the clothes on, I brushed my hair and opened the door to walk out. When Haley looked at me, she put her hand on her chest.

"You look great. I remember in my teenage years, I couldn't wear anything like that. But you look like a model." I smiled at her and she motioned for me to follow her down the stairs.

"Oh, and I was meaning to tell you. Headmaster Styles' cousin Leann is coming down for spring. She will be staying on the fourth floor with you. I figured that I'd tell you so you wouldn't be alone. She is set to arrive the fifth of February."

"That's great news." I smiled and we soon reached the end of the stairs.

"Right this way." She said and I nodded my head, following her.

We walked into a room bigger than my room, and I realized that it was the breakfast room. I came to a stop when I saw Harry sitting at the front of the table, reading a newspaper. How cliché.

"Hello." I sat down across from him and he didn't answer me. He just took a small sip of his tea.

"Did you sleep well last night?" I asked, and Haley brought me a cup of tea.

He pulled his newspaper from eye level and he looked to Haley as she picked up his tea and refilled it.

"Why would you care how I slept last night?" He said without even looking at me.

"Well. I just wanted to warm up to you. Since we're living together... I thought that-"

"I don't have time for teenagers. I have business to take care of. The only reason why I'm here right now is because I wanted to give you a tour of the home. If I am being rude, I'm sorry. But that's just how it's going to be."

He sipped on his tea again and started to read his newspaper again.

Haley brought me some pancakes and I began to eat them.

"So, what about these rules? You said there were rules and how you wanted me to behave." I said with pancakes in my mouth.

"You really don't know how to eat do you?" He raised his eyebrows, finally looking at me and making me cover my mouth.

"Sorry. I haven't eaten homemade pancakes since I was seven." I swallowed and he still stared me down.

"I'm sorry." I snapped and his eyebrows went back up.

"You lived in Dahm, and you haven't eaten homemade pancakes in ten years?" He fiddled with his newspaper and muttered, "Figures."

I ate another bite and it was silent for a minute, and the awkwardness of it made me giggle for a moment.

"What's so funny?" He looked over his paper and drew his brows together.

"Nothing. It's just... Never mind." I finished my pancakes and he stood up, making me look at what he was wearing.