Trouble

Just don't get caught, and trouble won't catch you.

March 22, 2012

The Bently Highway

"I am so glad you agreed to come shopping with me, Anastasia," Penelope said, getting in my car with her $400 purse on her arm.

"Anything for the bride," I said, smiling. Yeah. Maybe I can drop you off in the street corner with a bunch of hookers and you'll fit right in.

"You know it makes me so happy that Harry came home last night. I thought he wasn't going to come home at all." She sighed and I let out a shudder.

"How do you feel about him?" I spat out and she smiled as I pulled out of the driveway.

"Well, I think he's sweet. Even though he doesn't talk to me as much as I would hope he would, he is still super sweet." She seemed sad that he didn't talk to her.

"Yeah, he's a good one." I looked away from her and tightened my grip on the steering wheel, making my knuckles white.

Then all of sudden, I found myself on the other side of the road and an SUV was speeding right towards me.

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled, swerving to the right and hitting a stop sign as we spun into the ditch, "Dammit!" I hit the steering wheel a few times and looked over to Penelope.

"What was that?" she let out a breath and I shook my head.

"I was just thinking. I'm sorry," I rolled my eyes and searched for my phone. That... Was still at my house! Damnit! "Shit. Can you call someone?"

"Who do you want me to call?" she dug her phone out of her purse.

"Um, someone who can help us with the car." I sounded more exasperated than I wanted to, but I shrugged it off.

Five minutes later, she got off the phone and looked at me, "I called Harry."

I raised up in my seat and looked at her, "You called Harry when we need someone to tow my car?" This bitch is as stupid as a nut. Oh well, stupid is what stupid does.

We sat there for about thirty minutes, and then I saw a familiar black Mercedes pull up on the side of the road.

We both got out of the car and Harry got out, hair slicked back and a giant rip on the front of his t-shirt. He had his shades on, and he stopped when his body turned to look at us, but then he walked up to my car.

"What the fuck happened?" he looked at Penelope and she looked down.

"We got in a wreck," I said, and he ripped his shades off, tossing them onto the back of the car, "I was thinking and I drove on the wrong side of the road."

"Well maybe you shouldn't think too hard, Miss Greene." He ran his hand down his face and I balled my fists in my shirt. I was thinking about you, ass.

He walked around the car to the steaming engine and lifted up the hood. Penelope then groaned and got back in the car, putting earbuds in her ears.

I sat on the top of the car and Harry sighed.

"You need to change your oil, and your plug is loose. Your car could've exploded any time, so I'd say your lucky." He rubbed his temples and I smiled.

"How do you know so much about cars?" I asked and he reached somewhere under the hood.

"My father taught me everything there is to know about a car when I was sixteen. Made me take one apart and put it back together. I know a car like the back of my hand." He smirked at me and looked back down to the car.