Jealous Games

The worst kind of jealousy is when you're trying to show off.

April 7, 2012
Buffalo Wild Wings

"Penelope," I laughed as she laughed with me, "You can't drink all of that." She had a four foot kennel of beer in front of her and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"Test me." She giggled and grabbed a straw, sticking it in the hole on the end. Then she began to drink.

"Here you go, doll," The waitress came up and handed me one and I looked at Harry, "Don't get sick now. I wouldn't want to have to clean up after you." She then walked away and I looked at Harry again.

"What? Girl's gotta get drunk, right?" He chuckled and took a drink of his beer. "Besides, you're cute when you're drunk," he muttered and I blushed.

When I looked back to Penelope, half of the beer in her kennel was gone and she was leaning back. "Woohoo," she hollered and smiled at me.

"Are you drunk yet?" I asked, laughing a little.

"Hell no." She's drunk alright. She leaned back up and continued to drink.

"Wait," I looked to Harry and so does Penelope, "Whoever finishes first should win something. What do we win?"

"A kiss." Harry winked and I rolled my eyes.

"A kiss?" Penelope questioned, looking down.

"Yeah," Brazton nodded his head, "From both of us."

"Oh really, boy?" Harry laughed a little, "Let's make this bet a little more interesting. We'll have three kennel's, right? And they have one. If Penelope or Anastasia finishes theirs first, they get a kiss from one of us," he looked at Brazton, making sure he didn't argue, "Whoever finishes our three first, gets a kiss from our choice." Penelope looked down and I reached over and patted her hand, making her smile at me.

"Fine then. Waitress," Brazton called her and ordered three kennels of beer.

And then the bet was on.

"I'm finished," Penelope muttered, and for her sake, I was drinking mine slow on purpose. I didn't want her to kiss Harry, but I admit, she needed it just as much as I did. He was treating her like shit, and I feel sorry for her.

Harry looked at her and then looked at me with squinted eyes. When he realized I wasn't even halfway finished with my kinnel, he clenched his jaw and leaned over and kissed Penelope.

And I think he was kissing her longer on purpose. He even added a little tongue. And by the time he touched her cheek, I turned away. I was jealous; he fulfilled that purpose. But I couldn't watch any more of that.

"Woah," Brazton said and I looked over to see Penelope on Harry's lap.

My mouth dropped and so much anger built up inside of me that I let out a small scream. "You'll have to excuse me," I growled and stormed off into the bathroom.

I covered my hot cheeks and my neck with water and I took a deep breath. Why would he be doing that to me? I know he's doing it on purpose. Alright, Headmaster Styles. Two can play at this game.

I dried the water off of my cheeks and my neck and grabbed the lipstick out of my purse, applying just a little. I put some more mascara on and dabbed some of my perfume on my neck.

I then slowly walked out of the bathroom and looked at our table. Penelope was off of Harry now and she was laughing at Brazton. Harry was waiting for their kinnels. Does he honestly think he's getting a kiss from me?