Epilogue

"We're just not right for each other."

May 22, 2012
The Bently Mansion

I have been close to reaching my very last limit. The day I woke up without Harry and realized that he hadn't even came over, everything in me had snapped. He hadn't even confirmed if he had married Penelope or not, and it's been two weeks. Two weeks, and I haven't even heard from Harry. Two weeks and I have reached my final peak.

"It's okay, honey," mother quickly whispered to me in a gentle voice, running her hand over my shoulder and nodding her head. "It's been two weeks, Ana. It's time to move on."

I had begged my parents to come back as soon as I realized that I didn't wake up to the man I loved, because I knew I would need company. I knew that if I was in this huge mansion alone, I would just rot. I wouldn't get out of bed, or shower, or anything. I would just rot.

"No," was all I said and mother shook her head when I laid down on the living room couch. "It won't ever be the same, and it won't ever be okay. I know that's not what I'm supposed to say but this time, I mean it."

Then everything just hit me like a bag of bricks. After months and months of presuming, my theory had finally been right: I was literally nothing. Without Harry, I was nothing. He had completed me in more ways than one, whether I wanted to believe it or not. I wasn't whole anymore, I was... nothing.

And just like that, I let everything go. Every tear I had been holding in, every scream, and every wince of pain, I let go of. For the first time, I was ashamed of how much I loved Harry Styles.

~~

I felt the lump in my throat growing larger by the second. I didn't know what I was doing, honestly. Was it stupid? Yes. Was it crazy? Absolutely. But I didn't know what else to do. Mother told me it was a stupid idea and that I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't help it. It's what my heart wanted.

As soon as I walked onto that familiar mansion's front porch, I wanted to leave. I wanted to fall straight to my knees and cry out. I wanted to cry out so loud that he would hear me from outside. I knew he was in the Dahm because his car was parked neatly in it's spot in the front yard.

Without breathing, I knocked four loud times on the front door. Then an anticipation spread over me and the hairs on the back of my neck began to stand. I didn't have a good feeling. I didn't know what to expect.

Just as I was about to give up, the door I was standing in front of opened slowly. My mouth dropped when I saw Penelope dressed in one of Harry's button-ups, her protruding belly causing his shirt to tighten on her body. But... I don't understand...

"Anastasia?" Penelope nearly gasped and the tears that were swimming in my eyes quickly fell when she pulled me into a tight embrace. "I didn't know you were coming! I would've put on something a little more decent if I had known, please, come in!" her happy, tight voice made me cringe and I nearly puked.

She pulled me through the house with ease and into a bedroom I somehow hadn't entered before. "Please make yourself comfortable, I know this was once a home to you," she chirped to me before unbuttoning the button-up and tossing it on the floor as I sat down on the bed in the middle of the room. I wanted to look away, but her structure was distracting me. I was still shocked with the fact that she was pregnant enough to be showing. I was devastated.

My heart leaped into my throat when the light on the ceiling caught the glare of the shiny diamond ring perching on her left ring finger. I covered my face to hide the fact that I was nearly in sobs and began to slow my breathing.