You Don't Hate Me

Hate is such a strong word.

April 8, 2012
The Bently Mansion

The cup in my hand rattled every time a lightning bolt hit the ground somewhere. It was storming extremely hard, and I couldn't let Brazton go home in this type of weather.

Everyone else is asleep. Harry and I didn't talk to each other when we got home last night, and we all just went to bed.

But the storm has awoken me and I can't go back to sleep. The house doesn't have any power, so I scavenged for a few gas lamps and lit them up.

Now it's just me, sitting alone... Drinking Coke from a coffee cup.

I've drifted away a few times because of the rain sounding so gentle hitting the big roof on this house, but the thunder woke me up.

I stood up and grabbed a small hand-lit candle and walked over to the fridge. Of course I had to be in the kitchen, because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The kitchen seems... Safe. Maybe it's because of all of the food, aha.

I refilled my coffee cup and sat back down at the table. It was so hot in the house because there wasn't any conditioning, and I had to come down here with boy shorts and a tank on.

It's not my cup of tea if you ask me, but it's just too damn hot down here to be wearing anything else.

Something in the living room stirred and I jerked my head up, and as if on cue, thunder crackled just above the house and I melted in my seat.

I stood up and walked to the dining room until I had clear shot of the living room and held up the candle.

Then a large figure came around the couch and I tensed.

"What the hell are you doing up?" Harry. How convenient.

I scoffed and walked back into the kitchen. I sat down at the table and put the candle down, slowly taking a sip of my Coke.

Harry walked into the doorframe of the kitchen and put his hands in his sweatpants' pockets. He was missing a shirt, and his eyes were red.

"You seem to have everything figured out, huh?" he grinned a little but sighed when I didn't answer him, "I'm going to get some more candles." He pointed out of the kitchen and then quickly came back with a few more hand candles and a gas lamp. He slid a match across his palm and lit the three hand candles, then he used the rest of the flame to light up the gaslamp, "Do you want anything to eat?" he flustered when my eyes met his and I furrowed my brows.

"I am completely capable of feeding myself. Thank you." I rolled my eyes and he hesitated, but he sat down in front of me.

"So she speaks?" he joked and I glared, making his grin grow.

"I am completely capable of speaking too. Just not to you." I took a drink of my Coke to prevent from talking again and when I pulled it down, he was looking at me.

"Why are you so mad at me all of a sudden?" he scratched his arm and I laughed.

"All of a sudden? I was mad at you before." I turned the gas lamp down so the room was barely lit, but then he turned it back up and leaned forward in his seat.

"Mhmm," he mumbled, reaching for my cup and taking a drink from it. My mouth dropped and he let out a hearty laugh. Why does he have to be so damned adorable while I'm trying to be mad at him?

Thunder crackled again and I let out a small scream, making him laugh again. "It's not funny," I snapped and he nodded his head as he laughed. I threw a used match at him and he scoffed, "That's what you get for laughing at me."