Gina Styles

Adversities can be very usual.

March 2, 2012
The Bently Mansion

"Anastasia..." I heard my name in the crease of my neck and shook my head gently. "You need to wake up.." I felt lips being pressed to my jaw and I slowly opened my eyes to see Harry.

"I like waking up to this..." I rasped and rubbed my eyes, looking at him.

"You have no idea." He mumbled, sending kisses down my jaw.

"You're missing my lips..." I whined and he laughed at me, putting his hand on my chin.

He placed his lips directly on mine and I smiled into the kiss. He put his hand on my shoulder and pushed me back onto the bed, making me laugh out. He peppered my lips with kisses and smiled at me.

"I've never seen this side of Headmaster Styles." I smirked and he laughed a little.

"I have many sides that you'll see." He winked at me before kissing me again and picking me up, taking me off of the bed.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked as we walked out of my room.
"Um. I don't know. I guess we could-­"

"Harry! I'm home!" We heard a tight, woman's voice downstairs in the hallway.

"Who's that?" I asked and he shrugged, taking my hand and running down the stairs.

But when we came to see who it was, he let go of my hand and stood far from me.

"Anastasia Greene. So wonderful to see you again. I see that Harry had taken a look at your parents' will?" Gina Styles had came home from her mothers house, suitcases surrounding her feet. "But it's a real adversity that you're here right now."

I crossed my arms and said, "What's so misfortunate about me being here?" After I said that, Harry began to glare at me and Gina smiled widely.

"Alright. No more pretty mom. It's time for the fake shit to go away." She ran her hands through her hair and I cocked an eyebrow, astonished by her actions. "I never liked your parents," A sharp pain went through my heart and I bit my tongue so I wouldn't cry. "And if I don't like the parents, I'm not going to like the kids. I don't care that you live here because it's a big house and your parents a​re g​one so you're going to need somewhere to stay. But I don't want to see you. Because it is a big house, I shouldn't see you."

"I'll be sure that you won't see me." I snapped and she grabbed her bags, and Harry shot to her side to help her with her bags, leaving me to stand alone.

"Oh and one more thing Miss Greene," She stopped in front of me and gave me a little smile; a small sarcastic smile. "You are to stay away from my son." An even sharper pain went through me and I looked to Harry, who was looking down. B​ut what was he thinking? Was he upset? Was he happy? "You are seventeen-­year­-old brat and I have things to do and so does Harry. We won't need you in the way, and plus, I don't like you already from the attitude you've shared with me. He doesn't need to be distracted by you, it's as simple as that. Now, do as you please." She then walked to the left staircase and I sucked in a breath.

I was waiting for Harry to turn around; to say something, but he didn't. He just walked behind his mother with his shoulders hunched forward, pretending that what we had wasn't even there anymore.

And that's what hurt me. He didn't even do anything to stop what was happening.

I collected myself and walked to the kitchen, ready to grab myself something to eat. But then Gina waltzed into the kitchen with Harry trailing behind her.