Tea For Two

Surround yourself with good thoughts.

March 22, 2012

Gina Styles' Bedroom

"He's so distant with me," Gina forcefully shook her head and made her way to the giant window on her wall, her dress flowing behind her, "I know he's not my real son, but I still want him to treat me like his real mother."

"I'm sorry that he's so distant from you," I muttered and she sighed, walking back towards me.

"I want him to be good. I want him to be a good man, and I want him to fall in love one day." She poured our tea and I smiled.

"You mean you actually care about his feelings?" Oh shit! "I'm sorry, that just slipped." I covered my mouth and mentally slapped myself in the face.

"Others may think that I don't care about his feelings, but yes, I do. Ever since his father died, I wanted to be more close to him. But my mother begged me to move in with her, so I live with her. I am going to visit here as much as possible," she nodded her head and picked up a cup, "Cream?"

"Please," I smiled, holding out my cup, "So, why are you all of a sudden making him get married?" I put two spoonfuls of sugar in my tea and she looked at me from under her lashes.

"Why? Does it bother you? That he's getting married to another woman?" She crossed her legs and sipped her tea.

"No. I mean.." I stopped myself and I shook my head.

"What do you mean? Would you like to tell me? I don't have a daughter, and I'd love to speak with you about your problems." She brought her cup to her lips once again and I laughed.

"Yeah, well when the times comes, you can talk to your daughter-in-law." I looked up at the pictures on her wall and smiled when I saw a picture of her and Nicholas.

"He was a wonderful man," as if she was reading my mind, she spoke about Nicholas, "He was the greatest man God could have ever blessed me with."

"It seems to me that you blessed him," I picked up the picture on the table and they were both covered in feathers from bed pillows, collapsed onto the floor together, "You seem to have completed him entirely."

I looked up to see her wiping at her eyes and I set my cup down, but then she started crying. I stood up and walked over to her, sitting down beside her.

"He was the best man in the entire world. He was so caring, and so gentle. He never did anything to hurt me and he always helped me when I was in need," she buried her face in her hands, "But this one time, I couldn't help him."

"Gina. It is not your fault," I rubbed her back, and she ever so softly laid her head on my shoulder, "If anything, you should be happy for the time you spent together."

We sat there for a moment and she wiped her eyes and sat up, looking at me. "Harry was lucky to have you when he did." She tucked my hair behind my ear and I looked down.

"I thought you hated me whenever I was hanging around Harry," I mumbled.

"Oh I did," she said dryly and I brought my hand to my forehead, "But I grew to love you. No matter what I said, you and Harry always found a way to come crawling back to each other, and I loved that desperation and intensity about you, Anastasia."

"Yeah, well now that intensity has blown out," I muttered and she shook her head.

"No it hasn't. I've seen the way you two still look at each other. That intensity grows stronger everyday."