Can't You Tell?

Never underestimate an apology.

February 21, 2012

The Bently Garden

"So you want the roses over here?" I asked Haley and she nodded her head, smiling. I grabbed all of the roses, put them in a color coordinated pile, and I began to dig holes.

"I want to thank you for helping me in the garden today. Mrs. Styles never helped me, even if I asked her to." I looked at her and she nodded her head.

"That's awful." I shrieked and she nodded her head again.

"Well now we know that's something that all the Styles' have in common. They're selfish, and they don't worry about anything else but their own needs." I viciously stabbed the dirt with the shovel.

"What happened between you two?" Haley asked, laughing a little.

"Nothing happened. It's just that I've come to realize that the only reason why I love living in this hell is because you are here. That's it." I planted the first rose, flinging dirt over to the left.

"Thanks hun." I could feel her smiling and I nodded my head.

I planted three more rose bushes and sat on my bum, looking up to the clouds. It was a great day to be outside, and I loved the way it felt outside. Yet I still felt trapped.

"Good morning, Headmaster Styles." Haley smiled, but I didn't bother to look.

"Good morning, Haley. Did the little mouse decide to finally come out of her room?" I heard him snicker, and I snapped my head towards him.

"Did the selfish ass decide to stay out of his office today and actually talk to someone?" I turned back towards the roses and took a deep breath.

I heard Haley laughing and I threw a gardening glove at her.

"Someone doesn't feel good today?" Harry suggested, walking over to me.

But I stood up, and started walking away from the garden and to the lake, away from him.

"I have things to do today Mr. Styles. I don't have time for you."

"Ouch." He said slowly and I balled my hands into fists.

"You know. You missed breakfast today. I was bit worried."

"My ass." I scowled and he chuckled.

"I've never seen you this upset. Was it because of me not doing what you wanted yesterday?"

"Bite me." I snapped, turning the other direction, yet he still followed me.

"Come on Anastasia. Stop running away from me." He put his hand on his chest.

"Give it up Headmaster Styles. You may rule a lot of things, but you don't rule me. Now, I'd like for you to leave me alone so that I could get my things done. I don't have time for you." I pushed my way past him and back towards the garden.

I sat down on my bum again and planted another rose bush.

"You know, I never asked you to help with the garden." He said beside me and I sighed.

"Yeah well I took it upon myself to actually help Haley, you know, since I'm not selfish and she's the one who feeds me and takes care of my clothes." I began slamming dirt down.

He laughed and squatted down next to me, making me look at him.

"You really are mad at me, aren't you?"

"Well of course not. I'm all happy and peachy with you." I rolled my eyes and his hand landed on my jaw.

"You dare roll your eyes at me?" He said through gritted teeth and I rolled my eyes again, becoming more sarcastic.