London Lights

“You got me looking at the London lights.”

April 18, 2012
London, England

It’s been two days since we’ve arrived in London, and I love it. It’s absolutely beautiful. We haven’t been out anywhere yet, but that’s only because we’ve been unpacking and figuring out where to go.

    “Okay. Where do you want to go first?” Penelope asked as we finally finished packing, “We could go get dinner.”

    “Dinner, would be amazing right now.” I let out a sigh and she smiled.

    “Okay. I’m going to put on my dress.” She escaped to her bedroom and I walked to mine.

    I looked at the room, studying it because I really didn’t get to when we arrived. It was a master room, and Penelope had the same size room. Her father booked us a grand suite so that’s what we’re in. The bedroom had three nightstands; two on either sides of the bed and one by the bathroom door. It had two dressers side by side and a television on top of one of them. The decor was lovely, and I really loved this room.

    I walked over to the dresser and opened the first drawer to see a dress with the note on it. It said: I thought a new dress would be nice for the first day in London. If you’re going to go out, might as well look sexy and be sexy. Hope you won’t just set this aside because I think this will look really good on you. -Pen **

    Penelope. You little… I sighed and pulled out the dress. And it was amazing. It was black lace, and it had lace sleeves. It had a slip underneath it, and the total length was just above my lower thigh. It was beautiful.

    I slipped it on and smiled when I approached the mirror. It looked great. I grabbed the mousse out of my makeup bag and put just enough in there to make my curls look wet and shiny. I applied some lipstick and my eye makeup, and then I walked over to the closet to where my shoes were.

    And I saw a white pair of pumps and smiled. Another gift from Penelope. The note said: What’s a dress without shoes?

    I slipped the shoes on and grabbed my wallet walking out of my room. Penelope was waiting in the kitchen, and once I was in her vision, her mouth dropped open.

    “I knew that dress would look good on you, but not that good.” She laughed a little and I hugged her, surprising her.

    “Thank you, Penelope.” I smiled at her and when I pulled away, her mouth was still open, “Shall we go for dinner?” I giggled and she nodded her head.

    She grabbed her wallet and then we walked out of the suite and out of the motel. And as soon as we hit the outside, scents of fresh perfume and new cars filled the air. As we walked down the street, the aroma of coffee and fresh baked bread traveled around us.

    “This place is amazing,” Penelope said and I smiled.

    “Yes, it is. Just wait until dark. I heard that every store is lit head to toe with beautiful lights.” I hugged myself and smiled at all the people that walked past us.

    I saw many couples, and many groups of friends. Kind of made me wish Malina was here. Except for the fact the will probably beat the shit out of Penelope every chance she got.

    “How about this place?” Penelope pointed to a small restaurant bar and I nodded my head, “I’m buying.”

    “No you’re not. You already got me a dress, I am buying.” I shook my head and she sighed.

    “I’ll let you buy tomorrow.” She grabbed my arm and I raised my eyebrows.

    “Penelope.” I glared at her and she whined.