Close & Personal

Some secrets are worth speaking, while other secrets should be left to die.

February 21, 2012

Headmaster Styles' Office

"Don't you beg me to stay because you're the one who practically begged me to leave." I tried to walk away but he moved closer to me.

"I'm sorry Ana. I was being an ass." He shook his head and I laughed.

"You think? God. I don't even know why I came here in the first place. I could have stayed at my parents' house no matter how much you scared me. But I'm going there now, and I don't want you standing in my way." He tightened his grip on my arm.

Then I gasped when his hands landed on my cheeks and he wiped away my thick tears.

"Please stay with me."

"I don't get why you would want me to stay! You're always yelling at me and accusing me of being like other women when really I'm not! And you're never going to talk to me, so what's the fucking point-­" He put his hand over my mouth and my knees began to lock.

"Shh. I swear to you I will tell you everything about me if you s​tay.​" I looked into his eyes to make sure he wasn't lying and he nodded his head.

"I promise." He placed his hand on my hip and I closed my eyes.

"Please..." The word echoed through my ears and I took a deep breath.

He's never had this effect on me before...

"Okay." I mumbled, my eyes still closed.

But then he grabbed my hand in his and I was pulled into the house. My legs were jello and I was dazed, but then I came to realize that he was pulling me somewhere I've never been before.

We stopped in front of a door, and he opening it slowly. H​is office. He's bringing me into his office? Well I must be pretty damn special.

He sat me down in a chair behind his desk and sat down across from me, almost like he was using the desk between us to avoid contact.

"Okay. Ask me any question. I'm prepared to answer." He clasped his hands together and I blinked a few times.

"I'm sorry, this is just a lot to take in at one moment." I took a deep breath and smiled, situating myself in my seat.

"Just ask me any question you want." His voice trembled, as if he was nervous about the questions that I might or might not ask.

"Why do you want me to stay?" I leaned forward and he looked to his hands, smiling.

"You had to ask me that question, didn't you?" He laughed and I smiled.

"I wanna know. And you said any question." I crossed my legs and he cleared his throat.

"I like having your company." He said dryly and I frowned.

"That's it?" I looked down and he laughed.

"What do you mean that's it? What more could you want? Am I supposed to say that I enjoy fighting with you 24/7? Is that what you want?" I fell silent and he sighed.

"I want you to stay because believe it or not, you make me feel... Happy. When my dad died, I thought it was the end of the world for me. But now I have hope... Because you make me happy."

"Oh my gosh." I couldn't hide my rosy cheeks.

"I didn't think that would be the answer to that question. I figured you'd say something like­-"