Home Sweet Home

Home is where the heart is.

April 6, 2012

The Dahm Mansion

"Do you want me to stay here?" Niall's voice was soft as he helped me carry my suitcases up to my bedroom, "I mean, I could stay here if you want me to... Do you want me to?"

"Niall," I smiled a little, "It's fine. If you want to stay, there are plenty of rooms in this damn house. You're welcome here any time."

He let out a breath. "Okay. I'll... Stay for a few days. Just until you get better," he said quickly and I nodded my head.

"That's fine. There are clothes in any spare room you can find, you can borrow some of those." I began to unpack my suitcases and sighed when I sat down on my bed.

"Are you going to be okay?" Niall sat down beside me and I felt tears coming.

"No..." I whispered and buried my face in my hands, "I just don't know what to think anymore. Should I forgive him?"

I looked at him and he furrowed his brows. "That's your decision Ana, not mine. See this is why I love my woman so much," I smiled because I know he was talking about food, "She never argues, she never protests. And, she's sexy as hell. Ain't got nothing better." I began to laugh and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"You know, I'm really glad you're here. I would probably die if I was alone here in this big house. There wouldn't be any noises, no music, no voices... I'm going to die alone." I closed my eyes and he patted my shoulder.

"You won't die alone. Trust me," He grabbed my shoulders and made me turn to him. "Listen Ana... I don't know if this is the right time to say this but..." he put his hands down and I smiled, "I think you and Harry will make it."

"Niall I―"

"No. I'm serious. You two... You two had something real. Even though I've never felt a love before, I know you two had it. It was something special. You both glowed when you were near each other, and I envied both of you for that but..." he trailed off and smiled at me, "I know you will make it out of this damned rut. I believe in both of you. I believe that you will get over this, and you will be together."

"But how do you know that for sure?" I cried and he gave me another smile.

"Because you're both strong enough to get over this, and you're both desperately in love with each other to still be together." He stood up, but I made him sit back down.

"I want you to tell me something, Ni," I said and he nodded his head, "Did... Was... Was Harry in love with Penelope before they even met?"

He was silent for a minute, but then he nodded his head and I choked on my heart. "They met over Penelope's parents a few years back, and he fell in love with her when they met. So when he found out that they were getting married..." he shook his head, "I feel like I shouldn't be telling you this, Ana."

"No. I want to know his story." I whined and he took a deep breath.

"As you probably know, love in high school didn't go too well with Harry. He got cheated and lied to, so he wanted to treat someone just as bad as he was treated. He wanted someone to get as cheated and as lied to as he did. And he thought Penelope would be the woman he could do that to." He ran his palms over his thighs.

"But he met me and changed his mind?" I sucked in a breath and he hastily shook his head.

"No. Harry had no intentions of doing anything to hurt you―"