You Belong Together

“Through thick and thin, it’s you and me.”

April 15, 2012
The Dahm Mansion

Nothing. I am nothing. I have nothing. I am nothing. But nothing is something. Right? I should have some power over something? Right? Yeah, but I threw it away like it was nothing. So therefore, I have nothing. And I am nothing.

    Our love could have been endless- it could have lasted forever. But I couldn’t run away with him. Why? I don’t know. I just didn’t think I could stay away from Dahm. Yet, this is where I’ll be staying for the rest of my life.

    He loved me. He really did. And all this time I still thought it was a lie. I love him too. I made it apparent that I loved him too.

    “Anastasia. Please get out of your bed,” Malina and Niall have been staying at Dahm with me for the past four days and I have appreciated it. “You’ve been in that same position for four days now.” I groaned and turned over to my other side. “Really? Even when you’re depressed you’re a smart ass.”

Malina walked into my bedroom and opened the curtains by the window, making me cover my eyes. “Why would you do that?” I asked and she sat down on my bed beside me, “I was doing fine in the dark.”

“You’re not a vampire Ana,” she shook her head, “And besides. I’m proud of you.”

“Why?” I furrowed my brows and she pulled the covers off of me.

“Because I thought the only thing you could do was cry and groan. I forgot you could talk.” She laughed.

“You think that’s funny? I just lost the man I love and you’re laughing?” Tears gathered in my eyes again and she sighed.

“Okay. You listen, and you listen good. Just because you’re sitting alone and fucking depressed doesn’t mean the rest of the world has to be,” she stood up and walked to the door. “You’re coming down for breakfast. If you’re not down there in ten minutes, I’m coming up here with a rope, tying it to your legs, and dragging you down those damned stairs.” She then smiled, and left.

I took a deep breath and stood up, pulling on some yoga pants and a tank. I brushed my ratty hair and looked at myself in the mirror.

Nothing. I had bags under my eyes and they were bright red. My cheeks were flushed and I could feel more tears burning in my eyes.

I took another deep breath and walked out of my room. I slowly crept down the stairs, and as soon as I walked into the dining room, Niall wrapped his arms around me.

“Are you okay?” he asked, pulling away.

“No. But I am going to stay down here for as long as I can.” I forced a smile and he sighed. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and some cereal.

-What do you want Anastasia?
-I want my cereal.

I shook my head and blew out a breath through my teeth, trying not to cry. I laughed at myself as I poured my cereal and then I put the stuff up, quickly walking back into the dining room.

“So what’s new?” I asked Malina, my voice barely audible.

“Niall and I went on our first date last night..” Malina searched my face and I took a bite of my cereal.

“That’s good,” I mumbled and she sighed.

“Penelope called you last night,” she blurted and I slowly looked at her. “She was wondering if you could talk and I told her clearly you weren’t in the mood. But she was asking what was wrong with Harry,” she stopped, and the name pained me entirely, “And she was also asking what you wanted to do for the bride party or something like that.” I sucked in my tears and Malina cleared her throat, “I think you should call her back.”