Give Your Heart Away

Don't pretend to love the person you never will.

March 17, 2012
The Dahm Mall

"Malina?" I called through the phone once she answered.

"Ana! My God it feels so good to hear from you. How long has it been? Three months?" She seemed excited to hear from me, even though I called her to get Harry off of my mind.

I don't want to leave,​ he had said, and I pushed him away.

"It's been awhile." I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice.

"Yeah I­ What the hell is wrong with you? What did that rich fucker do to you?" She yelled at me and I bit my lip.

"He didn't do anything." L​iar.

"Oh really? Ana, I have known you since you were a little blonde brat running around the fucking world. I know when you lie. What did he did to you?" She breathed out and I let out a cry. "Anastasia."

"Just come over please. We could have a girls day, and we could go shopping or some shit like that." I ran my hand through my hair.

"I'm not coming over unless you tell me what happened when I get there." She snapped and I sighed.

"Fine. Just come over." I pleaded, wiping my tears away.

"Okay, okay. Calm your tits." She laughed at herself and hung up the phone.

I took a deep breath and walked up to my mirror. My cheeks were red and my eyes were puffy. I looked like I had walked through hell. And quite frankly, I think I might have.

I straightened my hair and then I changed my clothes into my white lace shorts and my baby blue bow­-shirt. Then I put on my sandals and grabbed my purse.

Once I slipped my phone into my purse, I walked down stairs and towards the door. As soon as I went to open it, Malina slung it open and smiled at me when she saw me.

But then it faded. "Oh I'll kick his ass when I see him."

"No. You don't have to do it. It's not his fault." I shook my head and she squinted her eyes. "Technically, it's his mother's fault."

"Hmm." She mumbled, searching my face. She gave me a carefree smile and scooted me out of my house, shutting the door and using the key I gave her to lock it. "Get in the car, Gomer. I'll perk you right up with a little bit of lip gloss."

"Man, I really missed you M." I said sarcastically and she flipped me off before we got in the car. "But seriously though." I said and she drove away from my house.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." She smirked.

She then turned up the radio, and a Taylor Swift s​ong was playing and when I realized it was her, I glared at her.

"You know I hate her M." I said and she laughed.

"Yeah but just listen to the song. She's talking about one of her exes. I know you'll love it considering your situation right now." She insisted and I rolled my eyes, making her turn the music up louder.

Then she started to sing along, pathetically. "I​ knew you were trouble when you walked in! So shame on me no­ow! Flew me to places I've never been! Till you put me down, oh! I knew you were trouble when you walked in! So shame on me no­ow! Flew me to places I've never been, now I'm lying on the cold hard ground!"​

"I hope you know that doesn't make me feel any better!" I yelled over the music and her terrible singing. But she just shook her head and continued to dance in her seat, singing horrifically.