Back At Bently

You gotta just go back to the places where you belong.

April 7, 2012

The Bently Mansion

I sighed before knocking on the Bently Mansion's door and mentally calmed myself. Like, why am I even here?

I scoffed at myself and the door slowly opened. It was Penelope, and she looked at me with a confused expression, "Okay, look. Before you say anything, I just want to say that I am sorry. None of this should have happened, and I really am sorry."

Then without warning, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house. Before I could speak again, she pulled me in for a long hug, "You're the one who got played. So I'm sorry."

"Yeah well... I'm trying to forget about it," I forced a smile and she gave me a real one, "I came here to talk to you about the wedding... And I still want to be your maid of honor if you'll let me."

"Of course!" she squeaked and I laughed a little, "Come on, let's go to the garden and talk. I have found it extremely peaceful out there." She grabbed my hand and pulled me across the house and outside towards the garden.

"So where is your family? Gina?" I asked and she sighed.

"They went back to wherever they came from. Not coming back until the wedding," she sighed again, "It's only me and Harry." It's only Penelope and Harry.

"Haley?" My heart skipped at the thought of her leaving or being fired. I loved the woman. She was amazing.

But before Penelope could say anything, someone grabbed my hand and I turned around to see Haley. "Hey!" She chirped and I hugged her tightly.

"I missed you girl." I giggled and she nodded her head.

"I missed you too Anastasia. But listen, I'll have to talk to you later because Headmaster Styles needs me. I'll see you then." She smiled and then hurried off into the house.

"You should let him know you're here," Penelope muttered beside me and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Before I leave." I laughed a little and she whined.

"You mean you're not staying?" she whined again and I shook my head.

"No. I can't stay. I don't have any clothes." We began to walk again and she sighed.

"You could get someone to bring you some clothes," she grabbed my arm and I slowly pulled it from her, "At least come to dinner with us."

"Us?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Yeah. Harry and I were going to dinner tonight, but I insist on you coming," she smiled and I looked back to the last time all three of us were at a table alone. "Won't that be fun?" she squeaked again and I looked at her, "Please, Ana?"

"I guess..." I smirked and she jumped up and down.

I looked up to the sky and she smiled. "Looks like it's getting pretty dark soon. I'm going to go pick out my dress for this evening," she smiled again and looked at me, "You coming with?"

"I think I'll stay out here for a few more minutes. I want to see when the sky first appears." I smiled and she nodded her head and walked into the mansion.

I walked past the Bently gym, and then I walked towards the pond. There were some good memories on this pond, and I seriously doubt I'll forget them...