Second Guessing

Cause there's always time for second guessing.

March 17, 2012
The Bently Mansion

He looked at me like he meant it, but I wasn't sure how much I wanted to believe him. But love is such a strong word.... Could I feel that way too?

"Please say something Anastasia." He pleaded, and I swallowed.

"I..." Was all I could say.

"Please come back with me. I will treat you right. Penelope will still be there, but she won't get in the way of me and you. I want to take care of you, Anastasia. I want you to be mine again," he pressed his lips to the top of my hand. "Ámoi, Anastasia."

"Harry, I can't come back with you." His face grew sad, and he looked heartbroken.

"I love you. All I'm asking for is your love in return. Please come back with me. I won't ever leave your side. And trust me when I say this, I won't get married to anyone, unless that somebody is you." He smiled and I swallowed again.

"I can't. I'm sorry." I shook my head and walked away from him.

None of this. I don't need any of this. I am done. I've already told myself this twice, and twice too many. D​on't turn around.

I began to cry again and started to run. H​e just confessed his love for you and you're still going to run away? Fucking idiot.

And I didn't look back, not once.

"It's about damn time. What did you do, buy something else?" Malina said when I got into the car.

"I didn't have to buy his love." I muttered, tears pouring from my eyes.

"He told you that he loved you?" She looked surprised and I nodded my head. "And you didn't collapse into his arms?" She looked disappointed now.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came up. She waited for me to say something, but she put both her hands on the steering wheel and looked forward.

"Fine. If it makes you happy to not be with him, than I won't stop you from doing what you want. But Ana," She started the car. "You seemed pretty depressed without him."

I buckled and looked forward, wiping away my tears. W​hat if she's right? What if I am happy with him? And I think I'm in hell when I'm with him... Even though I'm not.

"Here we are. Are you sure you want me to go home? I could make some pizza or something." Malina said when I got out of the car. A loud crackle of thunder flew across the sky and we both screamed in sync, laughing afterwards.

"No. You'll probably burn the house down." I laughed and looked at her. "I want you to get home before it starts storming real bad." Then it just began to p​our d​own rain. "Oh my gosh!" My hair was already soaked from standing by her car and she began to laugh at me.

"Alright I'm leaving! I love you and I hope you're happy with what you get in the end!" She yelled over the rain and gave me a smile before driving away.

I quickly ran into my house and took a deep breath.

Don't turn around.

I opened the door back up and the clouds had made it look dark outside, and it was raining harder than it was before.

But I sure did have some guts.

I quickly locked my door and ran to my car, starting it and pulling out of my driveway.

I wasn't sure where I would end up, but my mind was made up apparently.

Because I found myself in the driveway of the Bently Mansion.