Double Date

The struggle is real.

April 7, 2012

A Restaurant In Bently

"Stop worrying. You look fine," Penelope pinned half of my curled hair up and put a small burette in it, "Your bow is messed up."

I sighed and looked in the body mirror in front of us, "I look like shit."

She scoffed and forcefully shook her head, "You look better in this dress than I do. Trust me. So, now I'm giving it to you." When she was finished fixing the bow in the back, she smiled at me in the mirror.

I groaned and slid my hands down my dress a few times, "Do you have any shoes I can wear?" I asked and she went to her closet.

"What size do you wear?" she asked.

"An eight," I muttered and she smiled.

"That's what size I wear," she handed me a pair of black pumps and smiled again, "Those should look great with that dress."

I slipped them on and then looked at her. She looked way better than I did, and like always, I was jealous of her. "You look better than me," I pouted and she looked down at her outfit.

She was wearing a white dress with full lace sleeves and a pair of white heels. Her hair was curled and it was in a small side bun. She looked amazing, as usual.

"I think we need to get your eyes checked out honey." She laughed a little and I pulled her in front of the mirror, reassuring her. But then she shook her head.

"Penelope. Look at yourself. You're perfect." I smiled and she looked at me.

"No. You're perfect," she said and I shook my head, "Yes, you are. You're tall, and you're skinny. You've got beautiful blonde hair, and I've heard you sing sometimes. You're beautiful, you're fun. And you have one thing that nobody else has." She looked down and I crossed my arms.

"What? Flat feet?" I joked and she looked back up with tears in her eyes and I tensed, putting my hand on her shoulder.

"You have Harry's heart," she muttered and I swallowed, pulling her in for a hug.

"I um..." I didn't know what to say so I just kept hugging her. But then I got to thinking, "No, I don't. You had his heart long before I did."

She pulled away from me and smiled. "I used to think that too. But the way he looks at you Ana... I wish I was you. He used to look at me like that when we first met, and you met a couple months ago and he still looks at you like that. Every woman wants to be looked at the way Harry looks at you," she hugged herself and I sighed, "And I think you should be together."

"Penelope, no." I shook my head and she glared at me.

"Anastasia. I am serious. You two are in love with each other, and I want you to have your chance while you still have it." She sighed and I shook my head again.

"I already had a chance with Harry... And I want you to take yours." There was a lump in my throat and I felt tears forming at the sound of my voice saying those words, "You are marrying him, Penelope."

"Do you... Want him to marry me?" she looked into my eyes and I smiled.

No, no. Hell no. "Yeah," my voice cracked and she pulled me back into a hug.

"Thank you," she whispered and all of a sudden, her door opened and we both looked to see Harry.

"Penelope―" He stopped when he saw us hugging. I quickly pulled away from her and he grinned at me, "There's someone at the front door and I don't know who the hell he is. Would you know him by any chance?"