You Promised

Sometimes you just gotta let go.

April 4, 2012

Somewhere Over The Limit

I sat in the corner of the bedroom, shaking; crying. My coffee cup was sitting in my hand, shaking with my fingers. Why? Why was all I could think about.

Why would he lie to me like that? What did I ever do to be lied to... Like that?

I wiped at my cheeks, but tears just flowed from my eyes. Although... I didn't make a sound. I was crying harder than I ever have, but I wasn't making any noises.

I flinched when I heard Harry's voice in the bathroom, his now disturbing voice.

"Hey babe? When do you want to leave for lunch?" I frowned. How can he act so normal? When he knows he is lying to me? "Babe?"

As soon as he walked through the bedroom door and looked at me sitting in the corner, I lost it. I threw my coffee cup at the doorway and it hit the wall beside him, shattering to pieces.

I scrambled to my feet and my rapid breathing began to increase, and that's when my tears sped up and I began to sob and scream.

"Ana. What's wrong?" I heard him mutter calmly and I went crazed.

"You.. You... You're a fucking liar!" I was screaming, and my throat was throbbing.

"What? Ana, calm down." He held up his hands and began to walk towards me, but I shoved him backwards, making him give me a sad expression.

"Why would you lie to me?" I cried harder and he grabbed my arm, and I tried to yank away but he grabbed my other arm.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Ana. Please, tell me what's wrong." He stroked his fingers over my cheek but I turned away from him, shoving him away from me.

"I can't trust you to tell me the real answer," I snapped and his eyes grew heavy.

"What is it?" he whispered and I shoved him again until he was up against the wall.

"Tell me you're not talking me to Penelope." I cried and he tensed.

"I'm not." The words fell out of his mouth so easily...

"You're a liar!" I hit his chest and he grabbed my hand.

"I'm not talking to Penelope." He became stern and I cried out again.

"Why do you insist on lying to me. Tell me the goddamned truth!" I screamed and he swallowed hard.

"It will be a lot to take in..." he muttered and my mouth dropped, "I am talking to Penelope..." he looked at me and more tears fell from my eyes; never ending tears, "And I did not lie to you."

"Oh really? Which lie wasn't real? The one where you said you didn't love her?" I crossed my arms.

"No. I don't love her." he shook his head and sighed, "The lie I told you... Was the one where I said... It was only Ana and Harry. But listen, Ana I-"

"I can't believe you! Why would you lie to me like that?! You've broken my heart many times Harry, but not like this! I hate you!" I hit his chest again and his back hit the wall.

"Ana please stop this. I love you," he muttered, reaching for me.

"Bullshit! Bullshit! I don't believe you! I'll never believe you! You don't love me! You love Penelope! Remember," I trailed off and wiped away my tears, "It's only Penelope and Harry. Right?"