Chapter 16 - Beer Pong

*Mitch's POV*

After school on Friday I drove home as quickly as possible, while still obeying the speed limit of course. I was more excited than I cared to admit and I wanted to find the perfect outfit to wear in front of Scott and everyone else that was attending the party. I opened the front door to find that my mom and Faye were already home, as I was greeted by the little girl as soon as I stepped in the threshold.
"Mitchie!" She squealed excitedly. I was amazed by how thrilled she was to see me home, but I like to think she looks up to me.
"Hey sweetie, would you like to help me with something?" Mom appeared from the kitchen, asking the two of us if we would like a snack to take upstairs. We both agreed and I took Faye's hand, taking her up the stairs and into my room. I knelt down to the little girls level and looked right at her.
"I'm going to a special party tonight and I want you to help me choose what to wear," I said. Footsteps walked swiftly up the stairs and Mom walked into the room, setting down a plate of fruit and 2 donuts on my desk.
"So you're excited for the party then?" Mom laughed. I nodded and thanked her for the food, grabbing a piece of apple from the plate and popping it into my mouth. Faye grabbed an orange slice and pushed it into her mouth, smiling widely and showing the brightly coloured rind. I laughed at the adorable little girl, tickling her under the arms before opening my closet and looking inside.

Faye ran over to where I was standing in front of the closet. I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and laid them on the bed.
"Can you choose a top that goes with those pants Faye?" I asked, pointing to the jeans. She instantly walked forwards, rifling through the hangers and studying each shirt carefully before pushing it aside and going on to the next one. She let out a little sound gasp as she pulled out a short sleeve black and white striped button up shirt, showing it to me. I gave her a thumbs up and she laid the shirt on top of the jeans on my bed. I grabbed my black converse to complete the outfit.
"What do you think Faye? Should I wear this tonight?" She gave me a big grin before agreeing.
"Definitely!"

I took my time showering and getting ready, wanting to look perfect for the party later tonight. I spent a long time standing in front of the mirror fixing my hair and covering up any spots with my mom's concealer. I sprayed some cologne onto my neck and the inside of my wrists before dropping the towel from around my waist and getting dressed. I sat on the edge of my bed to tie my shoelaces and when I was finished, I once again stood in front of the mirror, happy with my appearance.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, shoving them into my pocket and walking down the stairs to say goodbye to Mom and Faye before I left.
"Have fun Mitch!" Mom said as she stood in front of me. She leant forward and whispered in my ear so that Faye wouldn't hear.
"If you get too drunk and can't drive home, just call me and I'll come and pick you up. I don't want anything happening to you alright?" I agreed and kissed her on the cheek, waving as I hopped into my car and drove off.

*Scott's POV*

As soon as I got home from school on Friday I began cleaning the house, although it would only get messy again during the party. Only a few things were out of place though so it only took me a few minutes to tidy up. My parents had arranged to go out for dinner and stay in a hotel for the night so they weren't in the way and I was happy that they wouldn't see how many people were coming. I assured them over and over that only a few of my friends were coming and thankfully they believed me. Being an only child had its perks I suppose.

Mom and Dad were already gone when I arrived at home which was perfect. Mom had left some tacky decorations on the kitchen counter which I immediately hid back in the cupboard, grabbing the red solo cups and plastic shot glasses that I had bought on my way home from school and ripping opening the packets. I set them down on the bench and took the bottles of spirits my parents had bought earlier in the week and placed them next to the cups. I walked through to the laundry and opened the extra refrigerator, taking bottles of orange juice and different sodas to use as mixes and putting them in the main fridge for easier access later.