Chapter 5

Ridley POV
"So you brought her here?!?!" A voice yells as I slowly regain conciousness.
"Shut up. She needs to sleep." I hear a voice whisper close by. Something about that voice warms me to the bone.
"Oh, like we should be worried about her sleep. What about if she finds out?" The voice from before hisses.
"She wo-" I whimper as a pain shoots through my left side as I shift slightly. "Hey, how you feeling?"
My eyes shoot open as far as they can and I'm met with pretty gold eyes. I gasp and jolt away, groaning when pain washes through me.
"Where am I?" I say hoarsely.
The gold eyes I find to belong to Ferris, meet mine with such an intensity, I feel like cowering away.
"My house." He says, helping me sit up and lean against the arm of the couch with my knees to my chest and a blanket over my body. Thankfully, he avoids my bare skin with his hands.
He holds a black cup of something to my lips, a purple bendy straw between my teeth. Sucking slowly, I stare into his eyes, my eyebrows creasing at the sweet yet unusual taste of the heavy liquid.
"What is this?" I pull away from the cup.
"Fruit punch." He answers too quickly. I frown at him before slowly nodding and taking the cup from him.
"Why am I here?" I question, taking another small sip from the cup.
"I found you behind the school." He looks upset as he sits on the glass coffee table and runs a hand through his hair. "You were all beaten and bloody."
My arm shoots out to see that I only have a few small cuts and yellow-ish bruises, like everything had already healed.
"There's some meds in the fruit punch. Thats why it tastes so funny and it's why you don't look like you were hurt badly." He's quick to explain when I look up at him with curiosity.
Holding the cup between my knees, I curl my fists and bring them to my face, rubbing my eyes childishly as I yawn. When I open my eyes, I gasp as I see Blue, Everest, Steven, Stephen, and Jason standing behind Ferris.
Wrapping the blanket tighter around my body, I lower my eyes, not comfortable with their stares. "Ummm... w-when can I go home?"
My small tiny voice rings out quietly as my eyelids flutter, trying not to close.
"When you feel better." I nod at Blu's words.
Someone places a phone between my ear and shoulder and I hear my father's worried voice.
"Ridley, sweetheart, are you okay?"
"Mmm-hmmm. Are you at home?" I yawn.
He stays quiet and I flash my eyes open, immediately getting upset when he finally sighs.
"When I get home, she better be there or we're going to have some problems. We're not going to keep living like this." He's waiting for my mother to get out of work.
"Ridley, she's still your mom, you ca-"
"Yeah, she carried me around for nine months, gave birth to me, yada yada yada." I roll my eyes.
"Actually it was seven."
"Seven what?" I frown, throwing my head back on the couch as I sip the fruit punch.
"She was pregnant with you for seven months before you were born. You were premature so that's why you're small now."
"Oh."
"Are you coming home tonight? Where are you?" My eyes widen and I turn to Ferris for help.
"Ummm... funny story." I chuckle nervously. "I went to get ice cream and I kinda sorta got kidnapped by some bullies."
I smirk at Ferris as he chuckles quietly. And I was on my way to get ice cream so it's sort of the truth.
"WHAT?!?!" I jump and throw the phone in my lap.
"Jesus Christ, dude. I'm fine. Well, I was until you decided to pay for a hearing aid." I rub my ear slightly as I grab the phone again. "They won't hurt me. And if they do, they won't be able to have babies."
I eye all six of them as they swallow nervously. "Thats my girl!!"
I giggle at him. "You taught me well."
"Thats right. Boys have cooties."
"Oh, boys have cooties. Ok, I'll keep that in mind the next time you say you want grandkids." I chuckle.
"NO SEX UNTIL YOURE DEAD!!!" He yells so loudly that all six boys- men- in front of me raise an eyebrow.
"Then what's the point of having sex?" I question him, slowly drinking the rest of the fruit punch and watching some of the bruises on my arms fade away.
"Exactly. Give the phone to your 'captors'. " I giggle again and hand the phone to Ferris before looking down at my shaky hands as he speaks, inspecting the ring that was given to me before the incident.
"...Ley. Ridley!!!" Jumping, I look up at Stephen. "Are you okay?"
"Define okay."
"There's no exact definition." Ferris says, frowning.
"Then I'm not okay." I shrug.
"Youre going to have to sleep on the couch so we can keep an eye on you." Blu says and Ferris throws me a plain black shirt before pointing to a door.
"Bathrooms right there." I nod and slowly walk to the bathroom.
There must be other bathrooms because this one only has a sink and toilet. The wall above the granite countertop holds a full sized mirror.
I avoid the sight of myself in the mirror as I quickly slide out of my clothes and fold them on a pile on the tiled floor. Taking a breath, I slowly open the door.
The shirt reaches my knees, showing off the rest of my body and the familiar scent of the shirt calms me. I take a small whiff of Ferris' scent before continuing towards the men.
All of their eyes- besides Jason and Everest- are darkening then lighting before darkening again. I frown but shake my head and sit on the couch, wrapping my body in a blanket and summing it all up to exhaustion.
"Good night." I whisper.
"Night." I close my eyes after getting comfortable and they leave the room, turning the light off as I drift to sleep.
*dream*
Blinking, the black scene in front of me changes. Instead of darkness, I'm in a large ballroom but instead of walls there's mirrors.
Walking up to one, I see that my hair is pulled back in curls and I'm wearinga turquoise high low dress with a thin gold belt under the cleavage. A pair of black Converse cover my feet. The lights from the ball room make the bracelets on my wrists glitter. I look beautiful. (Dress in media box)
Glancing down at my body, I see I'm in normal skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. Frowning, I look back in the mirror and see the fancily dressed me again. And Ferris behind me.
Spinning around in surprise, my face lights up in a grin. It slowly falls when I don't see him return it.
"Ferris?" I question when the Waltz starts to play through the room.
He's dressed in a brown suit from the late 1800's. He moves forward and grips my body gently before moving us to the music. I look at him with confusion.
His head turns down to look at me. "So beautiful, Word."
"Word?" I question. He smiles softly at me as my cheeks fill with color.
"Your name is Ridley. Riddle. Word." I nod at him, a smile blooming on my lips. That is until I see his eyes turn a crimson red and he leans forward. "I am sorry, Little One."
My eyebrows crease in confusion before they widen when glistening fangs protrude from his mouth and he lunged at my neck, bitting into the skin.
A loud, shrill and fearful scream erupts from my throat before I'm thrown into darkness again, this time not of my own will.